I threw this together for dinner tonight and boy was I happy at how delicious it turned out! Using just items I had on hand I whipped this dish up in less than a half hour. The best part was my husband raved about how good it was.I think he thought it took a lot of effort on my part and I wasn’t letting on that it didn’t. 😉
To be honest here, this dish is very much like my Tuscan Chicken dish. I just substituted fish for the chicken and add some fresh spinach. I used items I always have on hand: frozen tilapia, a jar of Aldi’s artichoke salad, sundried tomatoes, capers, garlic and fresh spinach. This took about 10 minutes to make and the rice took 20 minutes. So a delicious dinner was made in half hour. How great is that!
The Mediterranean Fish Dinner Recipe
First you thaw the fish and pat dry. I used frozen tilapia but you could fresh fish obviously or any kind of mild white fish. I only had 3 loins but normally I would have used 4. Melt some butter in a pan over medium high heat. Brown the fish on both side for about 2 minutes. Next pour the whole jar of artichoke salad over the fish. Add your fresh chopped spinach, capers, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.
This is what your dish looks like when you add all the ingredients. Looks good already huh. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
This is what it looks like when it’s finished. That is all there is to it. Told you it was an Easy Peasy Mediterranean Fish Dinner.
We ate it over rice but you could eat it as is or even with pasta. Also you could add some feta cheese on top which I think that would be tasty too! It’s lent in our household and since we are Catholic, we don’t eat meat on Fridays. So this is going to be returning to menu very soon. I hope you like it as much as my family did. Enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3-4 pieces of white fish (I used tilapia)
- 1 jar Aldi's Artichoke salad (or other brand equivalent)
- 5-6 sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 densely packed cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- Cooked rice to serve.
- Thaw fish if frozen and pat dry.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add fish and brown or 2 minutes on each side.
- Add all the ingredients except the rice.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes of medium heat.
- Serve over rice or pasta or eat as is.