This easy keto Tuscan chicken dish is easy, only needs a few ingredients and you can make this flavorful chicken dinner in under 25 minutes. Savory and juicy chicken thighs baked with artichokes, roasted peppers, sun dried tomatoes and capers make for a hearty low calorie and low carb dinner at 267 calories and 2.6g net carbs!
You might also like this keto artichoke & spinach stuffed chicken breast!
I’ve been to Tuscany twice. Once with my husband and son and a second time with my brother and sisters and in laws. I fell in love and can’t wait to go back. I even have fantasies about retiring there some day.
This easy keto Tuscan chicken recipe was inspired by those memories of Tuscany. It is full of artichokes, roasted peppers, sun dried tomatoes and capers, most of which come from a jar. So its a SUPER quick and easy dinner that you can literally throw together in about 25 minutes and with just a few ingredients.
It’s doesn’t have a creamy sauce because sometimes I want a change from the heavy cream used in many keto recipes. But it doesn’t lack in flavor!
Not only will your family be impressed, but they will be asking you to make it again. At least my hubby always does. 😁I like it because it makes for a low calorie and low carb meal with just 267 calories and 2.6g net carbs per serving.
Recipe Ingredients I Used.
I bought most of the ingredients at Aldi (roasted peppers, artichoke salad and chicken thighs) and two of the ingredients were leftover from the gigantic Costco jars I’ve purchased previously (sundried tomatoes and capers).
How To Make Keto Tuscan Chicken.
- I used boneless chicken thighs in this recipe but you could use boneless chicken breast. First add some olive oil to a dutch oven or large skillet and get it nice and hot for a minute or so. While that’s heating up, season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken on both sides. I like to brown the first side for 3-5 minutes for color and then flip them and cook for about 3 minutes. Turn down the stove to a medium heat.
- Now we add the the two jars of artichokes and artichoke salad. Max sure to add the liquid too. Also add the capers and sun dried tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165°F.
- Take it off the heat and serve. You can also add a little parmesan cheese or feta cheese but it’s not necessary. Please scroll down and you can print the recipe card if you wish.
What To Serve With This Keto Chicken Dinner.
To keep this dinner recipe low carb, I ate mine over cauliflower rice but zucchini noodles would be good too.
However if you and your family do not care about carbs, you can eat it over regular rice or on top of pasta. A nice wide noodle pasta like pappardelle.
Recipe Tips And Notes
- I bought my artichoke salad at Aldi. I liked the combination of artichoke hearts, olives and roasted peppers. I also used a jar of just artichoke hearts. Next time I might use 2 jars of the salad. Use whatever appeals to you.
- Remember! Please use the liquid in these jars of artichokes because that is where the sauce comes from. Once it cooks with the chicken it is surprisingly delicious and you don’t need Italian seasoning because it has garlic and spices in it.
- You can add some crumbled feta cheese at the end if you want to add more flavor but I honestly don’t think it needs it. The sauce from the jar tastes great to me. Parmesan cheese would work as well.
- I used boneless skinless thighs but you could also use breasts or either cut of chicken with the skin and bones. Just make sure the chicken is cooked through if you use the bone in cuts and the cooking time may vary.
- If you want to add more bulk or color to this dish try some fresh baby spinach. Just add it at the end and mix it around to make it wilt.
- You can also make this recipe with tilapia. I have a Mediterranean tilapia dish which is very similar to this delicious meal.
This is basically a dump and go kind of dinner and perfect for busy nights. So if you are little tired of all the cream sauce recipes give this one a try.
I hope you like this Tuscany inspired dish. It’s an easy, tasty and low carb meal!
The nutritional information & carb count for 1 serving is:
15.5g fat / 8.8g carbs / 6.2g fiber / 11.7g protein = 2.6g net carbs
Keto Tuscan Chicken with Artichokes & Capers - healthy low calorie dinner
This easy Tuscan chicken dish is quick and delicious. All you need is chicken thighs and a few jars for a fancy chicken feast. Eat with cauliflower rice for a low carb and low calorie dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & black pepper
- 3 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 jar artichoke quarters
- 1 jar artichoke salad
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Heat a dutch oven or large skillet over medium high heat. Add a little olive oil or cooking spray and heat for a minute or so.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown both sides. I like to brown the first side for 5 minutes then flip to the other side and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the jars of artichokes and artichoke salad along with the liquid, capers and sun dried tomatoes to the pan.
- Cover and cook on medium for 15 minutes.
- Take of lid and serve.
- Eat as is, over rice or over pasta or cauliflower rice or zoodles to make it low carb and paleo.
- I bought my artichoke salad at Aldi. I liked the combination of artichoke hearts, olives and roasted peppers. I also used a jar of just artichoke hearts. Use whatever appeals to you.
- Remember! Please use the liquid in these jars of artichokes because that is where the sauce comes from. Once it cooks with the chicken it is surprisingly delicious and you don't need Italian seasoning because it has garlic and spices in it.
- You can add some crumbled feta cheese at the end if you want to add more flavor but I honestly don't think it needs it. The sauce from the jar tastes great to me. Parmesan cheese would work as well.
- I used thighs but you could also use skinless chicken breasts or either cut of chicken with or without the skin and bones. Just make sure the chicken is cooked through if you use the bone in cuts.
- If you want to add more bulk or color to this dish try some fresh spinach. Just add it at the end and mix it around to make it wilt.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267 calories
I make this over and over. I love these flavors!
Thanks Laura! I forgot about this one…..I’ll have to make it again. Thanks for taking the time to comment!
pretty much anything with olives and feta looks amazing to me! Thanks for linking up to Awesome Life Friday! We will be pinning this post – can’t wait to see what you’re sharing this week!
carolyn | homework
This looks amazing. Thank you for sharing on homework. I featured you today! http://www.carolynshomework.com/2015/02/the-inspiration-board-spotlight-192.html
Thank you so much Carolyn!
This looks so tasty! I don’t really follow the Paleo diet, but I love cutting carbs and eating clean whenever possible. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday — pinned! 🙂
I basically do the same thing….I called it a modified Paleo approach!
Lou Lou Girls
What a great recipe! Love it! Pinned and tweeted. We love to party with you, so I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. That would be so awesome.
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
I will be there!
Brandi @ penguinsinpink.com
Looks very tasty. Thanks for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Party. I have pinned to the Bloggers Brags Board.
Thank you Brandi!
Pinned this recipe. So quick and easy, there is no reason to order takeout.
Visiting from SITS Sharefest.
Barbara @ http://www.allmylivesnow.com
Julia @ Swirls and Spice
This looks SO delicious! I’ll try it with black olives. 🙂
I’m sure that will be delicious!
This looks so yummy! I will take a bowl right now! Thank you for sharing on Show Me Saturday! Pinning!
Easy and ready in 30 minutes. Plus delicious to boot? Count me in!
Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays Linky. Hope to see you will join us again next week.
This looks awesome! I’d love to try it. These are flavored I love. I found this on Marvelous Monday!
Hmm…I can see why you would make this over and over again. Not only is it quick, but it looks delish. That chicken looks like it falls apart!
Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.