This easy Tuscan chicken dish is quick and delicious. All you need is chicken and few jars from Aldi and you have a fancy chicken feast for under $15.
I’ve been to Tuscany twice. Once with my husband and son and a second time with my brother and sisters and in laws. I fell in love and can’t wait to go back. I even have fantasies about retiring there some day. This easy Tuscan chicken recipe was inspired by those memories of Tuscany. It is a SUPER quick and easy dinner that you can literally throw together in a little over 30 minutes. Not only will your family be impressed, but they will be asking you to make it again. At least my hubby always does. 😉
I bought most of the ingredients at Aldi (roasted peppers, artichoke salad, chicken thighs and feta cheese) and had two ingredients leftover from the gigantic Costco jars I’ve purchased previously (sun dried tomatoes and capers). It’s very hard to eat that many capers… and I like capers. I think it cost less than $15 and that’s including a package of Trader Joe’s pappardelle pasta and it will easily feed 4 people.
I use chicken thighs in this recipe but you could use chicken breasts. Try to use chicken with the bone in as that keeps it moist and juicy. You just brown the chicken in a little olive oil, add the artichoke salad, roasted peppers, capers and sundried tomatoes. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. At the end you can add some crumbled feta cheese but you don’t have to.
Easy Tuscan Chicken
You can serve it as is for the low carb version or over pasta or rice. How easy is that? I hope you like this Tuscany inspired dish. I also used similar ingredients in and even quicker dish; Easy Peasy Mediterranean Fish Dinner. Enjoy!
- 3.5 lbs of chicken thighs (bone in, skinless)
- 1 jar Aldi's Artichoke Salad
- ½ jar Aldi's Roasted Red Peppers, cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta to sprinkle before serving (optional not Paleo)
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add a little olive oil or cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown both sides.
- Add the artichoke salad, capers, sun dried tomatoes and red peppers to the pan.
- Cover and cook on medium for 20 minutes.
- Take of lid and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle with feta cheese if using.
- Eat as is, over rice or over pasta or cauliflower rice or zoodles to make it Paleo.