This keto cheddar stuffed taco burger is a delicious change from your everyday burger. Customize with all your favorite taco toppings. Only 1.2g net carbs per burger.
You might also like these keto butter burgers with onion straws!
This week’s Sunday Supper theme brings us Hamburgers and Hotdogs. I was trying to come up with something different and reverted to what I thought my family would like, and that is all things Mexican.
Personally I love taco meat and often whip up a batch and eat taco salads for days on end. So this time I just put it in a patty form and stuffed it with cheddar to bring you a keto cheddar stuffed taco burger!
More low carb burger recipes to try!
My family also loves burgers. We have hamburgers quite often in the summer because they taste great on the grill. Some of my recent burger related post include: ultimate burger with jalapeño aioli, a gyro burger bagel, bacon blue cheese portobello burger and even a bacon blue cheese burger salad!
keto taco burger recipe
As for the cheddar stuffed taco burger, it’s quite easy to make. I used 2 lbs of ground meat to make 8 patties. First you make the taco seasoning and then mix it well into the ground meat.
Divide the meat into 8 equal patties. Each patty I divided in half and made into 2 thin patties. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on one and top with the other thin patty. Pinch the sides to seal the burger and you are ready for the grill! Above you can see how I used 4 patties to make the 2 patties below.
By the way I bought this patty maker at the Dollar Tree. It’s nothing fancy but I use it and it only cost $1!
Keto taco burger toppings
Now the fun party begins. Top your taco burger with anything you normally like on a taco. Some suggestions include: cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream, guacamole, avocados, jalapeños, queso dip, black olives, sautéed peppers and onions, etc. You get the picture.
Speaking of jalapeños, I could kick myself for not using any of my hubby’s homemade pickled jalapeños. They would have be excellent on these burgers. Oh well, next time.
I chose to eat mine as shown because the bun doesn’t really do anything for me and of course it makes it lower in carbs. My husband took a few of these to work and crumbled them up for a taco salad for him and his buddy. He said that everyone was coming up to him and asking where did they get the taco salads.
Well please scroll down and check out all of the Sunday Supper folks wonderful creations and thank you to Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting this week’s party!
The nutritional information for the just the taco burger patty is:
347 cals / 22.3g fat / 1.5g carbs / 0.3g fiber / 33.2g protein = 1.2g net carbs
Keto Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger
This keto cheddar stuffed taco burger is a delicious change from your everyday burger. Customize with all your favorite taco toppings. #SundaySupper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Take all the spices and mix in a small bowl.
Add to your ground beef and mix into the beef well.
Divide your meat into 8 equal sized burgers.
Take each burger, split in half and roll both halves into balls.
Place the balls between two pieces of wax paper.
Press down to make 2 thin patties.
On one patty place 2 Tablespoons of cheddar cheese on top.
Place the other patty on top of the cheese and form the patties together all around the sides to make your burger.
Do the same thing with the rest of the burgers.
Grill and then top with your favorite taco toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, cheese, black olive, jalapeños, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, you name it!
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where’s the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement