This keto strawberry pretzel salad is the perfect party or picnic dessert. Similar to the traditional strawberry jello pretzel dessert but without the pretzels and all of the taste! So if you are on a low carb diet, try this sugar free & gluten free jello dessert. Only 1.6g of net carbs per serving.
You might also like these low carb lemon strawberry cheesecake treats.
The first time I had strawberry pretzel salad was about 5 years ago. I thought it was the most delicious dessert! It had a crunchy, buttery crust, a cheesecake middle and a strawberry jello top.
Today I wanted to make something similar to that classic dessert but make it low carb. So I came up with this keto strawberry pretzel salad and I am in heaven. I’m calling it a salad because that’s what the original recipe is called, it’s actually a dessert. Regardless, it tastes so much like the original, you won’t miss the pretzels nor the extra sugar.
My low carb pretzel substitute
Traditionally this recipe calls for a pretzel crust which would be neither low carb nor gluten free. So I used pecans instead. I have been using pecans in my cheesecake crusts and it comes out great.
So to make the crust, you crush the pecans and add them to melted butter and Swerve sweetener and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes. This will give you the buttery, crunchy and sweet crust which is the first layer. Let that cool and go make the cheesecake middle layer.
Low carb cheesecake filling
The cream cheese layer is much like my popular no bake raspberry cheesecake which is also low carb. You simply mix soften cream cheese, Swerve sweetener and whipping cream. You end up with a nice creamy, sweet cheesecake filling.
Spoon and spread this mixture over the cooled pecan crust. Make sure to cover everything so that when you pour the jello over it, it won’t leak into the crust. Now go make the finally jello layer.
Sugar free strawberry Jello layer
And finally the top layer is sugar free strawberry jello and strawberries. I went a bit lighter on the strawberries to cut out a few more carbs. Make the sugar free strawberry jelllo according to the package but use the quick set method. Mix in the strawberries and pour over the cream cheese layer.
Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours until the jello sets. That’s it!
About the serving size
I made this dessert in a large baking dish which made 24 servings because it’s really rich. Each serving has only 1.6g of net carbs so you could easy eat 2 pieces and not feel guilty. 😉
Keto Strawberry Pretzel Salad
I hope you like this easy keto strawberry dessert. This was a big hit with my in laws this past week. Even my husband who doesn’t care too much for sweets really liked it too.
So keep this one in mind for your next party or picnic dessert this summer. I’m sure no one will know that it’s low carb. Enjoy! The nutrition for 1 serving is:
199 cals/ 20.4g fat / 10.5g carbs/ 8.9g fiber / 2.3g protein / 1.6g net carbs
Check out this other Keto Jello Dessert
Because sugar free jello has no carbs nor calories it’s great for a keto dessert. Here is a popular low carb jello dessert that only uses two ingredients. You can find these low carb jello pops here.
- 2 (0.3 oz) boxes of sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 8 large strawberries, sliced
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup of Swerve sweetener
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups raw pecans, chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the gelatin to a bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over top.
- Whisk until the gelatin is melted and then set aside to cool. (Can also use the quick set method on the box.)
- Melt butter in microwave while adding pecans and 1/4 cup of Swerve to a food processor.
- Pulse until the nuts are sticky.
- Add nut mixture to melted butter and mix well. Place into a large baking dish (I used a 13 x 9) and press down to make the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- In the meantime using a hand mixer, cream the rest of the Swerve and cream cheese. Add in the cream and whip until nice and creamy and fluffy.
- Pour and smooth the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust, making sure to make a solid layer so the gelatin won't leak through.
- Mix the strawberries into the gelatin and then pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Net Carbohydrates: 1.6g
NOTE: I based these calculations using my Lose It! app. I’ve found such a wide variation in nutritional information across different apps so I just stick with what I’ve got and use this particular app for all of my recipes. I also wanted to point out that there are 24 servings in this recipe and that I used a 13×9 baking dish. The servings are small but filling.