This keto buffalo chicken cheese ball is covered in bacon and absolutely delicious! Perfect for a party or just a keto snack, this cheese ball is great on low carb crackers or with raw veggies. You can put it together in about 10 minutes and 1 tablespoon has only 0.4g net carbs!
You might also like this low carb buffalo chicken stuffed mushrooms recipe!
You know I can’t get enough of buffalo chicken anything. Last week I made a microwave buffalo chicken dip and this week I made this keto buffalo chicken cheeseball! It’s super easy and tasty and perfect for summer get togethers.
Of course we didn’t get together with anyone when my hubby and I had this so we just ate it for lunch. And with the leftovers we stuffed some poblano peppers and baked them in the air fryer. They were delicious too! Other than being easy and tasty, this has very little carbs with just 0.4g net carbs in a tablespoon. The whole cheeseball has less than 10g net carbs!
Keto Buffalo Chicken Cheeseball
Recipe In A Nutshell
- Clean the ribs and seeds out of the jalapeno pepper and finely chop it and the chives.
- Add the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped chives and jalapeño, hot sauce and chicken to a bowl and mix together well.
- Form into a ball and roll in a bowl with crumbled bacon bits. Try to cover as much of the cheeseball with bacon as you can.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with low carb crackers or raw vegetables.
- Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe card you can print and save for later.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Cheeseball Ingredients
For this cheeseball I used cooked chopped chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, chives and bacon. I used the jalapeno primarily for flavor and not heat because of the hot sauce. For that reason I made sure to clean out the seeds and ribs of the pepper which is where it the heat comes from.
To be honest I would have preferred to use green onions but I only had chives at home. So you can substitute a green onion finely chopped for the chives if you wish.
Let’s Make This Buffalo Cheeseball!
Since I used already cooked chicken and bacon, this only took a few minutes to make. That’s why I like to have chopped rotisserie chicken in my freezer at all times.
So start with some softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, hot sauce and chopped chicken in a large bowl. Finely chop the chives (or green onion) and jalapeno and add to the mixture. Make sure to clean out the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno because we don’t want added heat.
Mix everything as well as you can. It should look like the bowl below.
For this next part I used my hands and formed the mixture into a big ball. Then I took the bacon crumbles and put them in a bowl. I rolled the cheeseball around in the bacon crumbles and placed it on a plate.
If you don’t want to get your hands dirty you can scoop the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and mold it into a ball that way.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- Make sure to clean out the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno so it won’t have much heat.
- I used chives because that is what I had on hand but a green onion would probably work a bit better. If using a green onion just use one but chop it finely.
- Serve this cheeseball with low carb crackers (like Mary’s Gone Crackers) or with raw vegetables like celery.
- If you have leftovers, this is also good as a stuffing for a poblano pepper. Use this air fryer recipe but substitute this cheese ball for the stuffing.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, we used the leftovers and stuffed it into a few poblanos and then cooked them in our air fryer. They were delicious! If you want to do this, try this chicken stuffed poblano recipe and just use this cheeseball for the stuffing.
I hope you like this keto chicken cheeseball. It was delicious to us! The nutritional information for 1 tablespoon of the cheese spread is:
66 cals /4.8g fat / 0.4g carbs / 4.6g protein = 0.4g net carbs
You might also like my friend Keri’s easy pimento cheese spread recipe!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon chives (or 1 green onion), finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup cooked chopped chicken
- 5 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Clean the jalapeno pepper by cleaning out the seeds and ribs to take out the heat. Finely chop the jalapeno and chives (or green onion if using).
- Add them to a mixing bowl along with the cream cheese, cheddar, hot sauce and cooked chicken. Mix well so everything is incorporated.
- Using your hands form the mixture into a ball and then roll it around in the bacon crumbles. Alternatively you can spoon the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and then form into a ball so you don't get your hands messy.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with low carb crackers or raw veggies.