This bacon herb goat cheese ball takes only a few minutes to make and is the perfect low carb appetizer to take to a party. Serve with cucumber slices or low carb crackers.
Recently I had a family party for my son’s birthday and decided to use this opportunity to make a few low carb appetizers like the pumpkin cheesecake dip with bacon chips and this bacon herb goat cheese ball. Both were very easy to make and no one would know they were for low carb dieters. This appetizer only took 10 minutes to make and was delicious with just cucumber slices (for me) and crackers for everyone else.
I love the combination of goat cheese, bacon and nuts. I have lots of recipes with some combination of these ingredients and I’ve added them below the recipe if you too love these flavors.
To make this recipe, I minced whatever herbs I had on hand. So many herbs go with goat cheese but I used thyme, basil, rosemary and chives. If you are going to go with just one herb I would use either chives or basil. I minced those herbs and mixed them with softened cream cheese, garlic and of course goat cheese. Then in a bowl I added crumbed bacon and crushed pecans and rolled the cheese ball around and formed it with my hands. I made this the day before to save time and just wrapped in plastic wrap and kept refrigerated.
Bacon Herb Goat Cheese Ball
I served this with cucumber slices which I just prefer but I also had some Mary’s Gone Crackers which are low carb. I buy a big box at Costco for when I want a cracker with my cheese. They have 1.4g net carbs per cracker. The nutrition for 1 tablespoon of the cheeseball is:
65 cals / 6.2g fat / 0.9g carbs / 0.2g fiber / 1.9g protein = 0.7g net carbs
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced herbs (I used basil, chives, thyme & rosemary)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbed
- ½ cup of pecan, chopped finely
- In a large bowl add goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic and herbs. Mix well and form into a large ball. You can probably use your mixing spoon or fork to do this so you don't get your hands dirty.
- Add the crumbled bacon and pecans to a bowl larger than then cheeseball and mix well.
- Put the cheeseball into the bacon pecan mixture and roll around until it's covered in nuts and bacon.
- Place plastic wrap over the cheese ball and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with cucumbers or low carb crackers.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More goat cheese recipes to try!