This goat cheese & basil stuffed peppers appetizer is a festive and easy appetizer that are perfect for holiday parties! In only 10 minutes and with 6 ingredients you can make these delicious appetizers for the next holiday party!
You might also like this low carb bacon goat cheese ball appetizer!
Every month my sister, my friend Lisa and I go down to the Strip District in Pittsburgh to do some food exploring and shopping. The Strip is a wonderful area of Pittsburgh where you can find just about anything food related. One of the things Lisa bought recently was this huge can of peppadews. Seeing these bright red peppers I remembered how she would stuff them with cheese to make the perfect finger food for a party. So for this weeks Sunday Supper theme of Easy Holiday Party Recipes I decided to make this goat cheese & basil stuffed peppers appetizer.
What are peppadew Peppers?
Peppadew is the brand name for a small round red pepper known as a sweet piquanté pepper. You can often find them in grocery stores in the olive bar and they are usually pickled. The pickled peppadews are sweet and slightly spicy and go great with when stuffed with a creamy cheese which is what we are doing today. The best substitute for a peppadew is a picked cherry pepper.
If you can’t find them in grocery store, you probably can find them in an Italian grocery like I did. Learn more about peppadews here.
Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppers Appetizer Recipe
The peppadew peppers I bought were marinated in a thick, sugary, pickle-like juice. So when I mixed up the tangy cheese mixture it went perfectly with the spicy, sweet peppers. On top I sprinkled some chopped pecans just because I like the crunch and it made them a bit neater looking.
To make this recipe all you need to do is mix the goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic and basil together and stuff each pepper. Then top each one with a chopped pecans or nuts of your choice.
So start to finish this appetizer can’t take more than 10 minutes. And I’m sure many of you are more creative than me and can come up with a beautiful way to display all these red beauties.
I hope you like this super easy and tasty goat cheese & basil stuffed peppers appetizer.
For more great ideas scroll down to see my friends at Sunday Supper’s recipes. And a special thank you to Caroline from Caroline’s Cooking for hosting. Enjoy!
Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppers Appetizer
This goat cheese & basil stuffed peppers appetizer is an easy yet festive appetizer that are perfect for holiday parties!
- 30 peppadews marinated
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 4 basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 30 pickled peppadew peppers
In a small bowl, combine the cheese, basil and garlic. Mix well.
Drain and dry marinated peppadews for easier handling.
Stuff each peppadew with the cheese mixture and then dip the tops into the chopped pecans.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
A few more easy appetizers to try!
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind “Full” Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.