This German chocolate cake cold brew low carb coffee drink is a great afternoon treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about. This sugar free, keto coffee is great as dessert or an afternoon pick me up!
You might also like this low carb salted caramel cream coffee drink recipe!
In the summer and early fall there is nothing better to me than a glass of iced coffee or tea in the afternoon. Have you ever had cold brew coffee? I like it because it’s less acidic than hot brewed which sometimes bothers my stomach. You can find cold brew coffee just about anywhere and I’ve even made it at home.
I make a big container and keep it in the fridge for a nice afternoon treat like this German chocolate cake cold brew low carb coffee drink. Just a couple spoonfuls of sugar free syrups and coconut milk and you got yourself a tasty low carb drink!
And of course it’s even better with some whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut flakes on top!
The secret to great low carb coffee drinks – Torani syrups!
I think you all know I love my Torani Sugar Free Syrups. I like that they are made with natural flavors, sweetened with sucralose and that they have a huge selection to pick from on their website. So I was excited when Torani gave me a few complimentary bottles to try.
However I have a huge selection myself and I’ve found lots of things to make with them over the years. If you want to know about any of the flavors (I think I’ve tried them all) drop me a comment and I’ll give you my opinion.
Now for my keto coffee drink recipe.
The cold brew coffee recipe is quite simple. I used the flavors that made this taste like German chocolate cake to me: chocolate, nuts and coconut.
- Just add a teaspoon or two of Torani sugar free chocolate macadamia nut and sugar free hazelnut syrups to your cup of cold brew along with a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa.
- I used a shaker bottle I had on hand but you can do that in a blender if you want to mix it up well.
- Then pour over ice and add a tablespoon or two of coconut milk.
- Lastly you can top it with some whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut flakes if you wish.
Or if you prefer a low carb coffee cocktail
Messaging below is intended for ages 21+
And if you want to have your dessert in a cocktail form:
- Add 1 shot of good vodka to 3 shots of cold brew.
- Next add 1 shot of coconut milk or even coconut cream.
- Lastly add a teaspoon each of the Sugar Free S’mores, Hazelnut and Chocolate Macadamia Nut syrups.
That’s a drink that should keep you going all night!
So I hope you like this simple but tasty low carb drink I have for you today. The chocolate, coconut and nuttiness of the syrups all add up to make you feel like your taking a bite of a piece of German chocolate cake with the none of the calories or carbs!
Without whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut: 49 cals / 4.3g fat / 1.4g carbs / 0.7g fiber / 1g protein = 0.7g net carbs
With whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut: 86 cal / 12.0g fat / 2.7g carbs / 1.2g fiber / 1.6g protein = 1.5g net carbs
And for a delicious dessert to go with this drink,
try my friend Mira’s gluten free Black Forest cake!
German Chocolate Cake Cold Brew Coffee (low carb)
- 8 oz cold brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon of Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Torani Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Torani Sugar Free S'mores Syrup
- 1 can coconut cream, can substitute whipping cream
- toasted coconut flakes, unsweetened
Toast your coconut flakes by adding to a dry skillet and toasting until browned. Make sure you continuously stir as they burn easily.
To make the whipped coconut cream, spoon only the solid part of a can of coconut cream into a mixing bowl along with the S'mores syrup. Save the water for smoothies or discard.
Using a hand mixer, beat the coconut cream until the consistency of whipped cream.
In a shaker glass or blender, add the coffee, cocoa, Chocolate Macadamia Nut and Hazelnut syrups.
Mix well and taste to see if it is sweet enough.
Pour over ice and add coconut milk.
Top with whipped coconut cream and sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top.
Torani has a lot of great recipes using both their sugar free and regular syrups. For more inspiration and recipes follow them on:
- website: they have 35 sugar free flavors and even more that aren’t
- Facebook : find out about new flavors and recipes
- Instagram: show them your creations using #ToraniColdBrew and #Torani