This lemon Parmesan asparagus recipe is perfect for Spring. An easy, tasty, healthy side dish. I really like asparagus as does my hubby. Now that asparagus is in season I thought I’d make something a little different for us as a side dish. Usually we just steam them and add a little bit of butter. In the past I’ve used asparagus in my Spring Vegetable Soup or my Lemon Quinoa Salad but as a side dish it’s usually just plain old asparagus. However today we are roasting them with lemon, garlic and grated cheese to make this easy Lemon Parmesan Asparagus side dish. Even Max liked this one. Then again it’s a vegetable with cheese so he was bound to like it. 😉
Everything I make is quick and easy. I guess I just don’t have patience or time for complicated recipes. One day I’m going to surprise you with a beautiful, complicated, carb loaded dish just to keep you on your toes. To make this dish, just clean your asparagus and cut off the woody ends. Then place them on your cookie sheet and drizzle oil, cheese, zest and garlic. I used my hands to make sure the spears were well coated and then sprinkled a bit more cheese on top. Pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes and out comes some lovely, lemony and cheesy asparagus spears.
Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
So if you are like me and normally eat steamed asparagus, give this one a try. I’m sure your family will love it. Enjoy!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil.
- Clean your asparagus and cut off the woodsy ends.
- Add your asparagus, olive oil, garlic, zest and 2 Tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix with your hands to make sure the asparagus is covered with the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 Tablespoon of cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of you asparagus.