This mushroom & brie keto cauliflower risotto is a rich and creamy easy side dish that you can make in only 15 minutes. Best of all this gluten free dish is only 3.4g net carbs per serving.
You might also like this keto cheesy brocccoli cauliflower rice recipe!
I have been making a lot of cauliflower rice. Did you ever find a recipe that you forgot about and then make it all the time. That’s me. I made a tomato & herb cauliflower rice, a Middle Eastern cauliflower pilaf and now this mushroom & brie keto cauliflower risotto.
It’s hard to say which one is my favorite because they seriously are all good and they take hardly any time to make. This dish only takes 15 minutes to make a creamy, rich and earthy risotto out of cauliflower. I think that is just awesome.
After I made this I was so please I sent a text to my husband telling him how good this was and that there would be no left overs. We both really love mushrooms so that made this dish especially delicious. I’m not going to tell you my son ate it. He did not. Someday his palate will catch up to ours but I have to remember it’s baby steps.
I bought all the ingredients at Aldi. First you rice the cauliflower by add florets to the food processor and pulse until you get it to a grain like consistency of rice. In the meantime get your butter, onions and mushrooms going on the stove. you want the onions to be translucent and the mushrooms browned. Add garlic, mix and then the cauliflower. I put a little water with some Better than Bouillon mixed in (see notes), into the pan, cover and cook for 5 more minutes. Lastly add the cheese, cover and take off the stove. That will get the cheese to melt quickly. Mix well and serve!
Keto Mushroom & Brie Cauliflower Risotto in a nutshell
- rice cauliflower in food processor
- saute butter, onions and mushrooms in a pan for a few minutes
- add garlic and cauliflower rice and mix well
- pour Better than Bouillon* mixed with water (or broth), cover and cook for 5 minutes
- add the brie, cover again and take off the stove
- let sit for a minute then mix the melted brie into the cauliflower rice
Low Carb Mushroom & Brie Cauliflower Risotto
Notes & Tips*
- I use Better than Bouillon because I feel it adds so much flavor. You can substitute broth or stock of any flavor instead. Make sure to use 1/2 cup of liquid total
- Sometimes I take a whole head of cauliflower and rice it all at once. It will keep in the refrigerator for many days. You can use it for salads, side dishes, soups and I even put it in my low carb savory waffles.
- I like to use baby portobello mushrooms because they seem meatier to me than button mushrooms. You can use any variety you wish.
- Make sure you peel the rind off of the brie before you toss with the cauliflower rice.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. It’s such a fast and easy low carb side dish that will go with anything or can be a meal in of itself. The nutritional information for 2 serving is:
185 cals / 15.4g fat / 5.3g carbs / 1.9g fiber / 6.6g protein = 3.4g net carbs
You might also want to check out my friend Tayo’s mushroom cauliflower rice.
Low Carb Mushroom Brie Cauliflower Risotto
This mushroom & brie cauliflower risotto is a rich and creamy low carb side dish that you can make in only 15 minutes. Best of all it's only 3.4g net carbs per serving.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon Better than Bouillon with 1/2 cup water*
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces brie, brine off and cubed
Add butter to a large saute pan and once it is melted add the mushrooms and onions.
Saute for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft and the mushrooms are browned a bit.
Add the garlic, cauliflower and Better than Bouillon mixed with water. Mix and the cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Take lid off and add in brie. Cover and cook for a minute or two until the brie has melted.
Mix well and serve.
- You can substitute stock or broth for the Better than Bouillon. Just use 1/2 cup total.
- You can use any flavor of Better than Bouillon or even broth. I used a beef flavor because that's what I had, but BTB has a mushroom flavor that would be awesome and chicken or vegetable broth would also work.