This low carb molten chocolate cake takes less than 5 minutes to make because you make it in the microwave. This easy, low carb dessert would be perfect for Valentine’s Day or when you have a chocolate craving. Only 4.9g net carbs.
You might also like this microwave low carb pumpkin pie for one recipe.
I’m obsessed with mug cakes. I’ve been trying to make a good one for so long and I’ve finally did it! This low carb molten chocolate cake only takes about 5 minutes to make and tastes fantastic. It’s really chocolatey and the center is ooey and gooey.
Best of all, you can make it in the microwave and it’s only 4.9g net carbs. I have to admit I’ve been making these a lot and now I’m moving on to a peanut butter one. I’ll keep you posted on that one.
Low Carb Dark Chocolate to use
I have other mug cake posts on here like my 1 minute pumpkin muffin. That recipe is great for a quick breakfast or snack. But this one is much more decadent.
One of the reasons it’s so gooey in the middle is that I put a piece of dark chocolate in the middle. I used the chocolate bar below that I buy at Aldi.
The package contains 5 smaller bars and each of those has 6g net carbs. In this recipe I only used 1/4 of those small bars which is about 6-7 grams. That’s all you need. As a matter of fact you don’t even need that if you don’t have any.
Try with or without chocolate bar
One of the first batches I made I didn’t use the chocolate and you can see that pictured below on the left. It was still gooey in the center but not as much as the other one pictured on the right. When I make this now I usually make the one on the left to save a few carbs. You can decide which you prefer.
Low carb Molten Chocolate cake Recipe
This should only take a few minutes to whip up. Start by adding butter to a ramekin and microwave for 30 seconds. Swirl it around the ramekin to sort of grease the sides.
Next add in the cocoa powder, Swerve sweetener, stevia and cream and mix well. Add in the egg yolk and mix well. Take the piece of chocolate, break into littler pieces and press down in the center of the cake mixture.
Microwave for 30 seconds and then let cool for a few minutes before eating. It should look like the picture below.
I think these would be great for a Valentine’s Day dessert. You can always add a bit of homemade whipped cream or a few slices of strawberries, but it’s delicious as is.
The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
with chocolate bar 422 cals / 42.9g fat / 39.7g carbs / 34.8g fiber / 3.3g protein = 4.9g net carbs
without 382 cals / 39.6g fat / 37.5g carbs / 34g fiber / 2.6g protein = 3.5g net carbs
If you would like to see some of my favorite baking products that I buy on Amazon, you can find them here along with other items I use for low carb cooking and baking.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Swerve sweetener
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 bar chocolate**(~6-7 grams 85% dark chocolate)
- 10 drops liquid vanilla stevia
- Add butter to a ramekin and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add in cocoa powder, Swerve sweetener, stevia, and cream. Mix well.
- Next add in egg yolk and mix well again. Take the small piece of chocolate and break into small pieces. Add to the center of ramekin and push in with finger.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Let stand for a few minutes and then eat. The middle should be melty and the sides should be cooked. Do not cook for more than 30 seconds.
- ** I used a 1/4 of a bar of 85% cacao chocolate that I get at Aldi. See picture in post. If you are substituting another chocolate make sure it is low in carbs. You only need a little, tiny bit. You can also forgo this step completely and it will still be delicious.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Net Carbohydrates: 4.9g