This easy Italian tortellini soup is a hearty soup with meatballs and Italian flavors. It takes less than 25 minutes – no chopping or dicing – and is satisfying as a meal.
My husband has been away for work so I’ve been taking a cooking vacation. Tonight it was soup and sandwiches and I wanted to throw a soup together that Max and I would both like. I remembered an Italian Vegetable Soup that I made awhile back and how the broth was so good; like a big bowl of marinara. I didn’t have much time so I just took what I had in the house and made this soup quickly and boy was it delicious. The perfect meal in a bowl soup.
This is basically a dump soup. You dump stock or broth, frozen vegetables, frozen meatballs, plum tomatoes, garlic and spices into a soup pot and bring to a boil. Add your tortellini and when it’s done, your soup is done. Very easy, very tasty without any chopping or dicing.
One thing I would like to note though: The tortellini I used was like this and will suck up lots of broth. You might want to add extra broth at the beginning or when it’s finished if you like your soup more brothy (not a word I know). I personally like chunkier soups with more “stuff” than broth. However if you are otherwise inclined, just add more broth or less tortellini or cook the tortellini separately and add at the end.
Easy Italian Tortellini Soup
I hope you like this hearty bowl of tortellini soup as much as we did. It’s good for those busy days leading up the holidays. Enjoy!
- In a large soup pot, add your broth, water, veggies and spices.
- Dump the can of plum tomatoes into a bowl and break the whole tomatoes into small pieces with a potato masher or with your hands. Add to the soup pot along with the meatballs.
- Bring to a boil and add your tortellini.
- Cook for the recommended amount of time on the tortellini package.
- After the tortellini is cooked, add more broth or water if you wish.
- Otherwise serve with grated cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More hearty soups to try!