If you have a dog and love to make them healthy treats, I have 6 easy homemade dog treats recipes for you.
We got a cockapoo 3 years ago and she has been a totally blessing in my family. And just like I love cooking for my family, that now extends to my little Izzy.
I take any opportunity to take pictures of her and as you can see below that extends to my blog!
🍎Fruits & Vegetables
you can feed your dog.
I feel like I am constantly looking up foods I can feed my dog especially when I’m make homemade dog treats. So I put together the chart below to help me when I’m deciding what to put in my dog waffles or puppy popsicles. I hope you helps you too!
- Sweet Potato – a source of fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, beta carotene and manganese
- Pumpkin – a source of fiber, beta carotene, vitamin A
- Green Beans – a source of fiber vitamin K, vitamin C and manganese
- Apples – a source of phytonutrients, vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber (keep the skin, but remove the seeds and core which are harmful)
- Squash – a source of fiber and beta carotene (make sure to remove seeds first)
- Pineapple – a source of calcium and potassium (as a special treat as it contains mostly sugar)
- Parsley – a source of calcium, potassium and beta carotene and improves breath
- Peas – a source of Thiamine (a B vitamin), phosphorus and potassium
- Blueberries – a source of antioxidants and fiber
- Carrots – a source of phytonutrients, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and beta carotene
- Try these foods fresh or frozen but please test them to make sure they don’t upset your dog’s stomach.
Now on to our recipes. Today I am sharing 6 healthy and homemade dog treat recipes that you can easily make. Remember to always consult with your vet before feeding something new to your dog.
Well I hope you give one of these easy homemade dog treats recipes a try. You can keep them stored in your refrigerator to make them last longer.
Now I’m off to think of a few more healthy treat recipes for my puppy. She just brings so much love and entertainment to our household. #ilovemydog