What do you make with those huge zucchini from the garden? Thai curry zucchini soup is a breeze in the Instant Pot and so very tasty! You can make it in the slow cooker too. Best of all you only need 5 ingredients to make this rich and flavorful soup.
It’s prime zucchini time here in Pennsylvania and every morning my husband picks a few and asks me if I want them or should he take them to work. Well I feel guilty not using them so I usually keep a few. I love zucchini and I have so many zucchini recipes here on my blog but yesterday I was in the mood to make a soup in the Instant Pot so I came up with this super easy Thai Curry Zucchini Soup. It was so tasty and easy that I will definitely make this again soon. I used 1 huge zucchini and got 10 cups of soup from this batch. I froze two servings but I will be making more and freezing it for the winter. It really is tasty!
As I mentioned I have a lot of zucchini recipes on this site. Here are 3 of my favorites for you to try. You can make some tasty chips in the oven like my Za’atar Zucchini chips (which are really low carb and low calorie). I have some zucchini lasagna cups that you make in a muffin tin and a really tasty and easy zucchini waffle. Actually I have 21 summer zucchini recipes you can check out if you are interested.
So below you can see the ingredients I used. I had 10 cups of zucchini, some curry paste, chicken bone broth, coconut milk and brown sugar. You can use coconut sugar too if you prefer and of course you can use different brands of products. These are my favorites but use what you have.
All you need to do is throw it in the Instant Pot, mix and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Then puree it in a blender or use a blender stick. I used my Vitamix which really gets it smooth and creamy. I imagine most blenders do these days but I do love my Vitamix for this reason!
Please note that to do this in a slow cooker, just add all the ingredients and cook on high or low and then puree at the end. You can even make this on the stove and just cook until the zucchini is very tender.
Thai Curry Zucchini Soup
That’s all there is to it and as I said this made 10 cups of soup. You can garnish with some cilantro or basil. I also added a few toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch. So next time you come across a huge club-like zucchini from your garden, please try this recipe, you will love it. Enjoy! The nutrition of one serving is:
117 cals / 7.7g fat / 8.1g carbs / 2.2g fiber / 5.1g protein = 5.9g carbs (Note I used the products above and Spenda Brown Blend for the brown sugar)
- Add all of the ingredients to your Instant Pot and then secure the lid.
- Turn the venting nozzle to the back to create pressure.
- Set the manual button for 10 minutes.
- When done, quick release the pressure by turning the nozzle to the front.
- Once the steam has stopped, open and then pour the soup into your blender in batches.
- Puree until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- To make this in a slow cooker, just add all the ingredients and mix. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours and then puree in your blender at the end.
- Notes: You can use either a blender or a stick blender to puree the soup at the end. You can also make this on the stove. Just cook until the zucchini is very tender and then blend at the end.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.