This low carb strawberry pretzel-less dessert is the perfect party or picnic dish. Similar to the traditional salad but with out the pretzels and all the taste! Only 1.6g of net carbs per serving.
The first time I had strawberry pretzel salad was about 5 years ago. I thought it was delicious! It had a crunchy, buttery crust, a cheesecake-like middle and a strawberry jello top. Today I wanted to make a low carb strawberry pretzel-like dessert because … well because I could. And I’m calling it a dessert because it seems strange to me to call this a salad. Regardless, it tastes so much like the original, you won’t miss the pretzels nor the extra sugar. I promise!
Traditionally you would make the crust by crushing pretzels and adding it to melted butter and sugar and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes. For this recipe I’m using a bit less butter, pecans and Swerve sweetener (my favorite sweetener for baking). It’s buttery, crunchy and sweet but it’s also low carb.
The cream cheese layer is much like my popular no bake raspberry cheesecake which is also low carb. You simply mix soften cream cheese, Swerve sweetener and whipping cream. You end up with a nice creamy, sweet cheesecake filling. And finally the top layer is sugar free strawberry gelatin and strawberries. I went a bit lighter on the strawberries to cut out a few more carbs.
I made them in a large baking dish which made 24 servings. Each serving has only 1.6g of net carbs so you could easy eat 2 pieces and not feel guilty. 😉
Low Carb Strawberry Pretzel-less Dessert
This was a big hit with my in laws this past week. Even my husband who doesn’t care too much for sweets really liked it too. So keep this one in mind for your next party or picnic this summer. I’m sure no one will know that it’s low carb. Enjoy! The nutrition for 1 serving is:
199 cals/ 20.4g fat / 10.5g carbs/ 8.9g fiber / 2.3g protein / 1.6g net carbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the gelatin to a bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over top.
- Whisk until the gelatin is melted and then set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in microwave while adding pecans and ¼ cup of Swerve to a food processor.
- Pulse until the nuts are sticky.
- Add nut mixture to melted butter and mix well. Place into a large baking dish (I used a 13 x 9) and press down to make the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool.
- In the meantime using a hand mixer, cream the rest of the Swerve and cream cheese. Add in the cream and whip until nice and creamy and fluffy.
- Pour and smooth the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust, making sure to make a solid layer so the gelatin won't leak through.
- Mix the strawberries into the gelatin and then pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before eating.
- add two cups of water to gelatin.
- Oven 350 for 15 minutes.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More Low Carb Desserts!