These low carb lemon berry bundt cakes are the perfect solution to your sweet tooth on a diet. Not only are they sweet and tasty, they are only 4.4g net carbs and gluten free too!
Recently I found a really cute mini bundt cake pan at Aldi and had to buy it. Even though I rarely bake and try to eat Paleo or low carb most of the time. So I was trying to find some healthier recipes when I came across a low carb bundt cake recipe. I immediately thought lemon and berries because I know my hubby loves lemon baked goods and so I made these low carb lemon berry bundt cakes. They are really good and you wouldn’t even know they are low carb and gluten free. I was floored. Best of all it’s only 4.4g net carbs per serving and even less without the berries. This is a recipe I will make over and over again.
Above you can see the cute bundt cake pan. Aren’t they cute mini cakes? I have to find some other recipes to make with this pan but for now this cake recipe is a keeper. I found it from Linda’s Low Carb Recipes (great site!) and altered it a bit. I’ve made this recipe several times and I wanted to point some things out. They taste great alone as a lemon pound cake. The berries are great to me but they are not very attractive when cooked.
I made a berry sauce by cooking them down on the stove with some water and Torani sugar free raspberry syrup. You can use some sweetener if you don’t have the syrup. This was good but it adds more carbs. You can see the sauce above in the dish and below on the cake. Not too pretty.
Then I tried to back a few raspberries in cake but that was not attractive either. Over all I like the sauce better so you can do as you please. Either sprinkle a few into the batter and bake or make a sauce or eat it plain.
Low Carb Lemon Berry Bundt Cakes
It’s a very easy recipe. You just mix all the ingredients and pour into a greased pan. You bake for 25-30 minutes until done. The sauce is simple cooking down the berries on the stove. This would also taste great with whipped cream and fresh berries. Lots of delicious ways to enjoy this recipe! Here is the nutritional information for various combinations. NOTE: A serving is for 1/2 a cake because they are big. So if you made one cake, it would be for 1/10th of the recipe.
with berries (1/2 cake)
230 cals / 12.9g fat / 26.9g carbs/22.5g fiber / 6.6g protein = 4.4g net carbs
without berries (1/2 cake)
218 cals / 12.9g fat / 24.1g carbs / 21.5g fiber / 6.4g protein = 2.6g net carbs
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups berries (raspberries, black berries, blue berries)
- ¼ cup raspberry Torani sugar free syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, butter, eggs, sweetener, lemon zest and extract. Beat until well combined and creamy.
- Slowly add the almond flour and baking powder.
- Mix well and then pour into greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean and lightly browned.
- If adding berries to the batter, add a few into the pan and pour batter over top of them.
- If making the berry sauce, add berries and ¼ cup water and cook until the berries are cooked down and to the consistency you like. Add the syrup at the end and mix well. Pour over cooled cakes.
- Take out of the pan and let cool before eating.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More delicious low carb desserts!