This low carb balsamic beef is a delicious and quick meal to make in the Instant Pot, slow cooker or stovetop. Easy, healthy, tasty and only 2.5g net carbs.
I love to make pot roast in the winter because it’s warm and comforting and because I love to use my slow cooker to make the meat tender. Today I wanted to try it in the Instant Pot because it has a great saute feature and eliminates the need for a skillet to brown the meat. It also takes less time than the slow cooker. It was a big success! My son asked for seconds, my husband took the leftovers to work and even my father in law gave me the thumbs up (big praise from him). So this low carb balsamic beef recipe is a keeper!
Low Carb Balsamic Beef in the Instant Pot
The Instant Pot Roast Recipe
I love to stud my roasts with garlic. It reminds me of how my grandma would make roasts and I love, love garlic. So first you cut slits into your roast and stuff it with the garlic slices. Next you want to rub your roast with the spices. Use the saute function of the Instant Pot to brown the roast on both sides. Then take it out and deglaze the pan with vinegar, broth and butter. Put the lid back on and pressure cook for 40 minutes.
Stovetop and Slow Cooker Recipe
To make it on the stovetop you follow the same instructions except you are browning in a large pot on the stove. You then deglaze it and pour the sauce over the meat. Cover and cook until the meat is tender. For the slow cooker, brown and deglaze in a large skillet and then put everything in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low.
This recipe is a combination of my slow cooker pork roast and her recipe. As I mentioned my family loved this and it’s great if you have a roast in the freezer you can make this in about an hour and most of that it’s cooking on it’s own. I was inspired to make this when I say IBreatheImHungry.com’s recipe for balsamic beef. By the way, she has lots of delicious low carb recipes if you are interested. I hope you like this as much as we did. The nutrition for 1 serving is:
539 cals / 34.1g fat / 2.6g carbs / 0.1g fat / 60.1g protein = 2.5g net carbs
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- Cut little slits in the roast and stuff the garlic slices in all over the roast.
- Mix the salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme in a small bowl and then rub all over the roast.
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot and adjust to increase the heat.
- When hot, add the oil and the roast. Brown on both sides about 5 minutes each.
- Take out the roast and add the butter, balsamic vinegar and broth. Deglaze the pot by scraping up the browned bits and mixing with the liquid.
- Place the roast back in the pot, secure the lid, push the vent to pressurize and cook for 40 minutes.
- When done, either do a quick release by turning the pressure know to vent or let it naturally depressurize.
- Take off the lid and serve.
- NOTE: You can make this on the stove. Follow the same instructions but when you cover to cook, it will take longer. Cook until the roast is tender.
- To make in the slow cooker, follow the same instructions but brown the meat in the skillet and place in the slow cooker. Then deglaze the skillet with the balsamic vinegar, butter and broth. Pour over the roast and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More beef recipes you might like.