This easy Asian green beans almondine dish is a tasty, low carb side dish that you can whip up in less than 15 minutes and it’s only 2.9g net carbs!
My family likes green beans. Everyone likes them so it’s a vegetable I like to serve. However we seem to eat them the same way all the time. I wanted to think of different ways of serving them that were quick and easy and if possible low carb. So I combined two of my favorite green bean dishes: garlicky Asian green beans and green beans almondine. What does that give you? It gives you easy Asian green beans almondine!
One of my favorite green bean recipes is my Green Bean Stew. It’s a Lebanese dish I grew up on and we eat it over turmeric rice. It’s really tasty and my family likes it a lot but it’s a main dish. Recently I made a Low Carb Green Bean Casserole that I love but it’s a bit rich to eat all the time. What I like about this dish is that it takes less than 15 minutes, goes with just about everything and is a lighter as side dishes go.
I use fresh green beans if I can in this dish. First I microwave them for about 6-8 minutes to get them soft. I use this microwave pot all the time to steam my veggies. It’s so much easier to saute or roast veggies when they have been precooked in the microwave. Then I saute them in a large skillet with crushed garlic and soy sauce. Lastly I sprinkle some toasted almond slices and a little sesame oil and that’s about it.
Easy Asian Green Beans Almondine
If you end up using frozen beans, look for the thinner green beans. I know Aldi carries some in their freezer section. I hope you like this quick and easy, low carb side dish. It’s something I will probably make a lot of in the future. The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
74 cals / 5.4g fat / 4.8g carbs / 1.9g fiber / 2.7g protein = 2.9g net carbs
- 1 lg green beans
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ⅓ cup almonds, sliced and browned*
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add green beans to a microwavable dish and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- In a large saute pan add oil and garlic and mix well.
- Add in the cooked green beans and soy sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the sesame oil and almonds and mix well.
- *To brown the almond slices, just add to a dry skillet over medium heat for a few minutes until they brown. Keep an eye on them as they burn easily. You can do this while the green beans cook in the microwave to save time.