These Greek chicken stuffed peppers are an easy yet delicious meal that is low carb and Paleo too. A healthy meal under 30 minutes!
I’ve been thinking about stuffed peppers lately. I’ve made taco stuffed peppers, antipasto stuffed peppers and now I have added Greek chicken stuffed peppers to my repertoire. We eat a lot of peppers in my house; my husband and I love them. We are already talking about all the different kinds of peppers we are going to grow in our garden this summer. I like stuffing peppers because they are like mini self contained casseroles in away. The peppers are kind of like a little low carb bowl that you can eat. I’m weird I know. Anyway this is essentially my Tuscan Chicken dish stuffed into a pepper.
This is an easy recipe and you can probably get it done in 30 minutes. I added some cauliflower to act as a kind of rice but honestly it’s not necessary. I think it would be better to eat it as a side dish but if you want to bulk up the filling a bit add the cauliflower. Cauliflower is so good for you, so why not?
Below you can see I have used basically the same ingredients as the Tuscan chicken dish and just added cauliflower rice.
Greek Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I made this dish rather quickly. It took about a half hour to make which is nice. I precooked the peppers in the microwave so that cut down on the oven time. I used already cooked chicken so once the filling was cooked on the stove it was pretty much ready to eat. So I stuffed the precooked peppers with the cooked stuffing and just baked for 10 minutes. If you can multitask, this can be done in 30 minutes. If you can not, it might be more like 45 minutes. Still that’s not much time to make a good dinner.
Here they are coming out of the oven. I thought about adding feta but honestly they didn’t need it. There is so much flavor in that stuffing. It’s full of chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, grape tomatoes, olives, garlic and spices. Yum, yum, yum. Yes I could have taken my time to make them look prettier. I’m sure you will do a better job than I did. But they still tasted great. I’m embarrassed to say that my hubby and I ate most of them. I made a new drink (which I will post soon) and we tested it before dinner Friday night so I’m sure that had something to do with how much we ate. However, my hubby really raved about these peppers. And that is why I love cooking sometimes. Making your family happy with food. 🙂
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes. halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 jar of artichoke salad (from Aldi)
- 2 cups of cauliflower riced
- 2 cups baby spinach chopped
- ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 5 sweet peppers, halved
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Microwave the peppers for 4 minutes. I had to do this in two batches.
- Meanwhile add olive oil and garlic to a large saute pan.
- Saute for 1 minute and then add grape tomatoes, oregano, basil and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add your artichoke salad and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and cauliflower and continue to simmer for 1 minutes.
- Add your spinach and stir until the spinach is wilted. Then take off the stove to cool.
- Place your pepper halves in a large baking dish.
- When the chicken mixture has cooled stuff each pepper with the mix.You might have a bit leftover depending on how big your peppers are.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve as is, over rice or cauliflower rice.