With a cooked spaghetti squash you can make this keto shrimp spaghetti squash with basil dinner in only 15 minutes! The garlicky shrimp and basil add so much flavor to the squash and it’s only 6.6g net carbs!
You might also like this spaghetti squash pizza.
My husband grew spaghetti squash for me this summer and we have a lot of them! I really like it but he’s not much of a fan so I have to come up with recipes that really have a lot of taste like this keto shrimp spaghetti squash with basil.
This dish is like shrimp scampi with spaghetti squash and basil. It’s full of garlic and basil that just go perfectly with shrimp and squash. With some cooked squash it’s ready to eat in 15 minutes and it only has 6.6g net carbs!
Is Spaghetti Squash Keto Friendly?
Yes it is relatively low carb and low calorie vegetable. One cup has just 42 calories and 8g net carbs. (USDA) It’s also very nutritious in that it’s high in Vitamins C and B6 as well as manganese. It’s a great gluten free pasta substitute on a low carb diet.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Instant Pot.
I found that this is my favorite way to cook spaghetti squash because it comes out perfect every time and in just minutes. Plus you can make a lot at one time and use it for other spaghetti squash recipes.
- Cut and clean two squashes (4 spaghetti squash halves) and place them in the Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and let them cool.
- Scrape the strands of squash out of the shell and prepare any way you want.
That’s all there is to it. This is enough for 2 meals for my family. This a great way for meal prep to make healthy weeknight meals.
Or Cook It In The Microwave.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot then you can just make it in the microwave. Add the cleaned spaghetti squash to a baking dish with a little water and cook for 12 – 15 minutes until it is fork tender. Let cool before scraping out the insides.
Ingredients In This Recipe.
I want to say that you can buy everything for this recipe at Aldi. Most people have an Aldi near them and since they have such good prices that is why I mention them.
We grew spaghetti squash and basil this year so I just used my own.
I used a medium spaghetti squash, butter, olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, fresh basil and frozen shrimp. You can also add a pinch of hot pepper flakes to add a little heat if you want.
Let’s Make Some Shrimp Spaghetti Squash!
- First you want to add some oil and garlic to a large saute pan and then add in your raw shrimp.
- Stir it around to make sure they cook evenly and then add in the basil and stir for 1 minute.
- Lastly add in your butter and then the squash. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for another minute or two and you are done. How easy is that?!
More Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes To Try!
If you want to learn more this spaghetti squash post covers a lot about it and has 9 keto recipes for quick dinner ideas. However the coconut versions of this recipe is great and and this keto Mexican casserole is awesome as well.
My husband was very happy with this healthy dinner recipe and that says something! I love that it’s so easy and takes such little time. I hope you enjoy this low carb dinner as much as we did.
The nutrition facts 1 serving is: 262 calories
14.4g fat / 8.4g carbs / 1.8g fiber / 23.2 protein = 6.6g net carbs
- 12 oz shrimp, raw and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups spaghetti squash, cooked
- salt and black pepper to season
- In a large saute pan, add the oil and garlic. Saute a minute until fragrant.
- Add in the shrimp and saute for about 5 minutes until pink. Add in the basil and stir for 1 minute to coat the shrimp.
- Next add in your butter and then the squash.Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook for another minute or two and you are done.
- You can also add a pinch of hot pepper flakes to add a little heat if you want.
The nutritional information 1 serving is:
262 cals / 14.4g fat / 8.4g carbs / 1.8g fiber / 23.2g protein = 6.6g net carbs
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Unsaturated Fat: 0g