This low carb Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowl is so full of flavor you won’t even care that it’s healthy for you! This crunchy, tasty bowl is served cold like a salad but makes for a hearty meal. Only 6.8g net carbs per serving and 15 minutes to make.
Today on Sunday Supper we are preparing Healthy Rice Bowls for you! I love rice be it white, brown, black, red or wild, however today I using cauliflower rice in my rice bowl because I’m on a low carb diet. This Greek cauliflower rice bowl is served cold and is much more than a salad. It’s full of flavor with briny Greek olives, salty feta cheese, crunchy vegetables and topped with roasted chicken. The dressing is a light lemon and oregano vinaigrette. I made a double batch and my hubby and I ate for dinner and then I ate it for lunch the next day. I even had some for breakfast the day after that. As you can see I really liked it. 😉
How To Make Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower rice is very popular these days. I’ve seen it at my local grocery store in the freezer section and even at Costco. However I just prefer to make it myself. All you do is add the florets to a food processor (I use a mini one like this) and pulse until it’s chopped into small pieces like rice. Easy peasy… and it taste better too. I’ve been making some delicious low carb cauliflower rice dishes lately too. Two of my favorites are my mushroom brie cauliflower risotto and my Middle Eastern cauliflower rice pilaf. Both take little to not time and are delicious. Check them out.
Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowl In A Nutshell
- make some cauliflower rice and add to a bowl
- slice cucumbers and red onions, and chop Greek olives and grape tomatoes
- add vegetables to cauliflower rice
- chop some rotisserie chicken and place in the center
- slice feta cheese and place on top
- whisk lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl and then use to dress your salad
I don’t know about you but this is one way I like to play with my food. Just like smoothie bowls, it’s fun to decorate rice bowls with color vegetables and ingredients. I think it adds to the flavor. For some more delicious and healthy rice bowls, please scroll down to see my friends’ recipes from Sunday Supper. The nutritional information for 1 serving of this Greek cauliflower rice bowl is:
439 cals / 33.8g fat / 10.6g carbs / 3.8g fiber / 23.3g protein = 6.8g net carbs
Low Carb Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowl
This low carb Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowl is so full of flavor you won't even care that it's healthy for you! This crunchy, tasty bowl is cold like a salad but makes for a hearty meal. Only 6.8g net carbs per serving.
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cups cucumber slices
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 8 Kalamata or green olives, chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
To make the cauliflower rice, add florets to a food processor and pulse until it makes little rice like pieces. Take out and place in a large bowl.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the cauliflower rice. Arrange in a pattern if you wish or mix all together.
For the dressing
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over salad and mix well.
Healthy Rice Bowls
- Asian Cauliflower Rice and Shrimp Bowls by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Chicken Fajita Quinoa Bowl by Pies and Plots
- Chickpea Tikka Masala by What Smells So Good?
- Cuban Style Pork Taco Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Greek Cauliflower Rice Bowl (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Healthy Crockpot Pulled Beef Rice Bowl by Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Chicken Black Rice Bowl by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Breakfast Bowl by Wholistic Woman
- Taco Rice Bowl by Life Tastes Good
- Teriyaki Shrimp Rice Bowl with Bok Choy by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Tex Mex Caulirice Bowl by Our Good Life
- Thai Vegetable Quinoa Bowl by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tuna Rice Bowl with Yum Yum Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
- Vegetarian Bibimbap by Caroline’s Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.