These easy, tasty beef nachos grande are reminiscent of Chi Chis back in the day. They make an easy yet delicious snack or appetizer which would great for a party or football game.
You might also like these Chi Chi’s seafood nachos recipe.
Did you ever have beef nachos grande back when Chi Chis was around? When we were in college, my friends and I would love to go to Chi Chis. We always ordered nachos grande and ate like it was our last meal.
I loved those nachos! I was thinking about them the other day and thought I’d make some of my own since I think Chi Chis is no longer with us. They turned out so good and brought back some great memories … I’ll save those for some other day. 😉
Beef Grande Nachos Ingredients
The base of these nachos are small corn tortillas. I remember them being made like little pizzas and cut into four pieces; not on a big pile of tortilla chips.
The other ingredients are refried beans, taco meat (ground beef), Mexican blend cheese and jalapenos. You can pretty much buy all of these ingredients at Aldi though I’m not sure about the jalapenos. I use my hubby’s pickled jalapenos. You can also use fresh if you want them spicier.
Let’s Make Some Chi Chis Nachos!
These were very easy to make and start to finish it should take about 30 minutes. Here is how I made my beef nachos grande.
- Add ground beef to a saute pan and follow the directs on the taco packet to make taco meat.
- While that is cooking, add the corn tortillas in the oven and bake for 5 minutes crisp them a bit.
- Take them out of the oven and spread the refried beans on top.
- Once the ground beef is done, spoon it over the refried beans, followed by the shredded cheese and top with the jalapeno peppers.
- Bake for 10 minutes and once they’ve cooled a bit, use a pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into 4 pieces.
This is how I remembered them looking when we eat them at Chi Chis. However that was a very long time ago and I can’t be certain. Regardless they were delicious and I can see eating them on regular basis because they were so quick and easy.
I also remember them only putting 1 jalapeños on each nacho for some reason. Next time I make them I’m loading more jalapenos on top because I just like them that way.
By the way, check out my hubby’s pickled jalapenos recipe. It’s really easy and taste so much better than store bought.
Beef Nachos Grande
So my friends if you remember and possibly crave Chi Chis nachos grande, I suggest you give this a try. Even if you are too young to remember Chi Chis but love nachos, they are delicious and you will love them. Enjoy!
The nutritional information for 1 nacho is 84 calories
4.6g fat / 3.5g carbs / 0.5g fiber / 6.5g protein = 3g net carbs
- 3 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup of refried beans
- 1/2 lb of ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 12 slices of jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare ground beef according to your taco seasoning packet.
- Place tortillas on a sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- Spread the refried beans on the tortillas, followed by the taco meat. Press down the meat to make sure it sticks to the beans.
- Top with cheese and the jalapeño slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into 4 pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g