This easy peach & basil flatbread is perfect for those ripe peaches in season as well as herbs from the garden. A quick and tasty summer meal.I gotta be honest, I don’t eat a lot of fruit. If I want something sweet, I’ll head for the dark chocolate. But there is something about a plump, ripe peach in the summer time that I enjoy so much. So when this week’s Sunday Supper theme was Peaches I wasn’t sure what to make because to be honest, I usually eat them as is. But I had a big bunch of basil and some fresh mozzarella from a caprese recipe gone wrong and decided to do this easy peach & basil flatbread. It was so good that I think it will become a summer staple for me and my hubby. I couldn’t sell Max on the idea but who knows maybe next summer he’ll appreciate it.
I really like making pizzas and flatbreads from naan bread. Awhile back I made an asiago, sausage and peppers flatbread that was really great. I almost always have some naan on hand from Aldi or Costco and I keep it in the freezer. All you need to do is brush some olive oil on them, place your toppings and bake for roughly 20 minutes and you have a quick meal for your family.
As you can see above, I used fresh mozzarella and sliced peaches on top. I had brushed the naan first with olive oil and crushed garlic. It will bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese browns and bubbles. Sprinkle some chopped, fresh basil on top and it’s ready to eat. I also added a balsamic reduction at the end. It’s not necessary but it I think it made this dish even better. This is really easy to do. Just add some balsamic vinegar to a pan and bring to a boil. Then turn it down to a simmer until the quantity has reduced about half in size. You’ll know it’s ready when it becomes thicker. If you get a chance, add this extra step because the vinegar really complements the rest of the ingredients.
Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread
So that’s my entry this week. I’m so glad I found a new flatbread recipe to enjoy with those delicious summer peaches. Thank you Sue Lau of A Palatable Pastime for hosting this week and please check out my friends delicious peach recipes by scrolling down. Enjoy!
- 2 large naan breads
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ peach, thinly sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 15 basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush the oil mixture over the naan bread.
- Place the bread on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- First add your slices of mozzarella.
- Then place your sliced peaches on top.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both naan breads.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Sprinkle basil leaves on top.
- While the flat breads are cooking, add the vinegar to a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer. Cook until the vinegar reduces and becomes a bit thicker.
- Drizzle the vinegar over the cooked flatbreads, cut and serve.
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement