This beet noodles & goat cheese salad is a tasty change and perfect for spring. Using beet noodles, goat cheese and toasted pine nuts you get the perfect combination of flavors.
I was a little bummed these photos did not come out as well as I hoped. I LOVED this salad. It tasted so good but when you look at the pics, you may not be convinced. <sigh> I’m still learning all this photography biz folks. Anyway, I really loved this combination of sweet beets, tangy goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. Bonus that I got to use my spiralizer!
My friend Rhonda gave me a big bag of beets. Now while I love beets (and I really do), I can only eat so many. I made my sister’s picked beets & eggs that were fab and I made these beet noodles. The bad thing about beets is that I am the only one who will eat them. Even my hubby won’t eat them. So I’m set on beets for quite a while.
I used my spiralizer for this one to make the beet noodles. Everything tastes better when they are noodles don’t you think? However if you do not have a spiralizer, you can use a peeler or just chop your beets into little cubes. I then roasted the beets for 10 minutes to soften them and added the spinach for color and nutritious. I do that a lot, don’t I?
The dressing is just a simple vinegar and oil. Lastly I sprinkled some goat cheese and pine nuts. I found the crumbled goat cheese at Aldi. I was surprised to find it there and I think I will be buying it more often because I really liked it. As for the pine nuts, well I seem to be putting them in everything these days but you could also use pecans, almonds or walnuts. Pecans would be my second choice for this dish.
Beet Noodles & Goat Cheese Salad
Toss, sprinkle and refrigerate. I actually ate this warm for lunch and cold for dinner. I have a tendency of continually eating something until I can’t eat any more. That was the case of this dish because it was so tasty. So please look past the photos and give this one a try. Especially if you like beets, I think you will love this. And please let me know if you have any beet recipes. I still have a few left. 🙂
- 3 raw beets, made into noodles
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted.
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup baby spinach,minced
- 1 Tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and peel your beets and then make them into noodles using a spiralizer. If you don't have one, you can chop your beets into a fine dice.
- Toss your beets with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, Italian seasoning and bit of salt and pepper.
- Place on a sprayed cookie sheet and spread them out so they all cook evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take them out of the oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, toss with spinach, 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and vinegar.
- Add your goat cheese and lightly toss.
- Top with your toasted pine nuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Note: To toast your pine nuts, add them to a dry skillet over medium low heat. Stir frequently until golden brown. Watch as they can burn easily. Should only take about 5 minutes.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
We have lots of yummy beet recipes!