These lemon Romano pork cutlets are easy to make and deliciously low carb. The perfect week night dinner.A while back I made some Chicken Romano with Lemon Butter and they were a big hit in our house. Today I give you Lemon Romano Pork Cutlets. Why? Because sometimes it’s hard for me to find thinly sliced chicken breasts and I’m not very good at cutting them myself. And I can always find thinly cut pork chops at Aldi. They put a new Aldi in just 5 minutes from my house so I’m there all-the-time. Anyway, so this is not much different from the chicken recipe but I wanted to show you that it works with pork just as well, which might be easier to find.
The pork cutlets that I buy are very inexpensive and you get a lot for your money. Best of all they are ready to go as far as this recipe is concerned. To make them gluten free and lower carb, I dredged them in almond flour first but if you could care less about those things, by all means dredge them in flour. Next dip them in a mixture of egg and Romano cheese. Fry them up in the some butter and then top with more lemon butter. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
I like to garnish with parsley but sometimes I put it in the egg batter. It gives it more color and parsley is an awesome herb in my book. Packed with vitamin C! Add a few lemon wedges for garnish.
Lemon Romano Pork Cutlets
Serve with extra lemon if you are like me and my hubby and love lemon in/on everything. And that’s all there is to it. So if you are an avid Aldi shopper, pick up some thin cut pork chops and give this recipe a try. I’m sure your family will love it. The following nutritional information is a rough estimate dependent on the size of your pork chops:
1 pork chop = 311 cals / 30.9g fat / 5.7g carbs / 0.4g fiber / 34.3g protein = 5.3g net carbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 5-6 pork chops, thin cut
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ fresh parsley chopped finely (optional)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make sure your pork chops are thin and if necessary pound with a meat tenderizer to make thinner. Mine were about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over your chops.
- Put your almond flour in a large shallow bowl or dish. Dredge your pork chops in and coat each side.
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium high. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of butter and heat until sizzling.
- In a separate large shallow bowl or dish, beat the eggs and then add the water and Romano cheese. Mix together.
- Dip the pork chops in the egg mixture.
- Add the cutlets to the pan and cook until browned on both sides. Move to an oven safe dish.
- Continue in batches until all the cutlets are done.
- Bake for 10 minutes to make sure they are done all the way through. If they are thin you may not need to do this.
- In another sauté pan, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and the juice of one lemon. Simmer for a minute or two and then pour over the finished cutlets.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with extra lemon wedges.