A delicious but simple pumpkin protein ice cream you can eat immediately for a soft serve texture or freeze for a harder ice cream. Packed with protein and lower in carbs.
Let me start this post by saying I realize that the concept of pumpkin protein ice cream is ridiculous. However it might appeal to some people (low carb or keto dieters) and I happen to like the taste of vanilla protein powder so….why not add it to my ice cream? That aside, I was craving a pumpkin, cinnamon-y type ice cream and thought I’d try to make my own low carb version by using a sweetener instead of sugar. I also have about 20 sugar free Torani syrups and thought I could use those for additional flavor. If you liked my Pumpkin Protein Smoothie, you’ll love this ice cream. Using frozen pumpkin, cream, spices and sweetener you can whip this up in minutes and eat it right away as a soft serve. Or you can freeze it for a harder type ice cream later.
We start off with the pumpkin pucks (as my hockey playing husband calls them). I just take 1 Tablespoon plops of canned plain pumpkin and lay them on a wax paper covered cookie tray and freeze for an hour or so. Then I take them out and put them in a baggie for smoothies or other recipes that only require a bit of pumpkin….such as this ice cream.
Pumpkin Protein Ice Cream
It’s a bit like soft serve ice cream when it’s first out of the blender and tastes great like this. But if you prefer a harder ice cream, put it in a shallow container and freeze for a couple hours until you can scoop it up. If it gets too hard, just let sit out for about 10 minutes or I microwave for 30 seconds and have no problem. I hope you get a chance to try this ice cream and even if you don’t like the idea of the protein powder, just take it out. Enjoy! Nutritional information per serving:
393 cal / 33.4g fat / 42.8g carbs / 33.6g fiber / 8.9g protein = 9.2g carbs
- ¾ cup frozen pumpkin or 12 Tablespoon pucks of frozen pumpkin
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Swerve (or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ scoop vanilla whey protein (this is a good one)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Add pumpkin pucks and heavy whipping cream to your [b]high speed blender[/b] or food processor.
- Blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Eat immediately for a soft serve ice cream or pour into a shallow glass container and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- If ice cream is too hard to scoop, microwave for 30 seconds and you should be able to scoop.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
Here are some other low carb frozen treats you might enjoy.