Remember the veggie noodle kick I was on? Well now it’s a savory waffle kick. Last week it was Savory Breakfast Waffles with spinach and bacon. Today it’s Pizza Waffles with pepperoni and tomato dipping sauce. I have lots more ideas for these waffles but I don’t want to overwhelm you with all this waffling (haha). I started to make these savory waffles because I was in the mood for something bread-y and I’m always trying to keep it Paleo or at least low carb-ish. And thus the Pizza Waffle was born and boy is it yum-my! Really. It tastes very much like pizza so if you too, are doing the whole low carb thing, this is a good substitute for pizza. It’s like pizza in a convenient waffle form.
This is super easy. All you need is an egg, cheese, pepperoni, riced cauliflower and spices. You mix these all together and pull out that waffle maker. That’s all there is to it! You can make small ones or one big one and cut it into pieces for dipping. I’m not going to tell you what to do…you’ll figure it out. But for the recipe, just scroll down and on your way, check out some more Pizza Waffle pics.
Though it’s not necessary it does taste good dipped in pasta sauce. I used Trader Joe’s Marinara sauce that comes in a jar. So I hope you enjoy these and stay tuned for some more waffle recipes. I’ve yet to find a good low carb sweet waffle so if you have a good recipe, send it my way. 😉 And for more great low carb recipes, check out my Pinterest Paleo / Low Carb Boards.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup riced cauliflower
- 6 slices of pepperoni, chopped
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 T grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t oregano
- ¼ t basil
- tomato sauce for dipping
- First rice your cauliflower. There are a few ways to do this, but you can just cut it up into florets and pulse in a food processor (gently though...you don't want cauliflower puree)
- In a large bowl beat the egg and then add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Heat up your waffle maker and then grease it with melted coconut oil or butter.
- Make your waffles according to your manufacturer's directions.
- This recipe makes 4 small waffles or 1 large one.