Summer is just around the corner and if you enjoy all the fresh corn you will love this spicy air fryer corn on the cob. With the buttery, spicy rub you can make a tasty summer side dish easily in the air fryer.
You might also like this Mexican street corn using leftover corn.
I came across some fresh ears of corn at Costco the other day and thought about making this spicy air fryer corn on the cob. I was just in the mood for it you know?
If you are a little skeptical about making sweet corn in the air fryer don’t be. Once you try it, you won’t want to make it any other way.
And when you add the buttery spice rub, it takes this roasted corn recipe to the next level. So easy and so good!
Ingredients for the spicy butter.
This is a Mexican style corn so I brushed it with this spicy melted butter first.
I used the following to make it: melted butter, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, lime juice and zest, salt and black pepper.
I also sprinkled fresh cilantro at the end but you could use parsley if you prefer.
Cooking Tip: There is roughly 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a lime. So if you don’t have a fresh lime you can use 2 tablespoons of bottled juice.
How to make corn in the air fryer!
Step 1: First clean corn and try to take off as much of the fine silky threads as you can.
Step 2: Place butter in a small mixing bowl and Melt in the microwave. Then mix in the chili powder, fresh garlic, cumin, paprika, lime juice and zest, salt and black pepper.
Step 3: Brush the butter mixture over the ears and set it in the air fryer basket. Give your basket a light spray of oil first.
Step 4: Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer basket size.
Step 5: Once the delicious corn is done, sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves over top. You can use parsley instead if you want. Please print the recipe card below for these instructions.
Cooking Tip: If you have some Mexican Cotija cheese you can try that too! Just sprinkle it over top and serve.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- The basic air fryer instructions for cooking corn in the air fryer is to set it to 400°F and cook for 10 minutes.
- I used Mexican spices but you can use your own spice blend or just plain melted butter and season with salt.
- Depending on how many ears you have, you may have to cook in batches.
- If you have some Cotija cheese you can sprinkle on top for additional flavor. Or try some grated parmesan cheese!
- This is a good way to cook corn if you need it for another recipe. You can use it in recipes like this rainbow Mexican corn salad and in this tasty hot jalapeno corn dip. Of course eliminate this spices and just use butter and salt.
Well I will now add corn on the cob to my go to air fryer recipes. We eat a lot of fresh corn in the summer as it’s such an easy side dish for any meal.
Plus my family loves it. I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious recipe as well.
The nutritional information for 1 ear is:
172 cals / 10.1g fat / 20.2g carbs / 1.1g fiber / 3.2g protein
- 4 ears corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Place butter in a small bowl and Melt in the microwave. Then mix in the chili powder, fresh garlic, cumin, paprika, lime juice and zest, salt and black pepper.
- Mix in everything but the cilantro and brush over the ears of corn.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer and lay the ears of corn in it.
- Cook at 400°F for 10 minutes. Flip the corn half way through cooking.
- When finished, sprinkle fresh cilantro leaves on top. You can use parsley instead if you want.
The nutrtional information for 1 ear of corn is 172 calories / 10.1g fat / 20.2g carbs / 1.1g fiber / 3.2g protein
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172