If you are looking for a healthy meatless dinner try this slow cooker stir fry vegetables with cauliflower rice. It’s super easy, tasty and only has 92 calories and 7.7g net carbs per serving.
You might also like this low carb shredded Asian beef.
Lately I have been upping my vegetable dishes. I can happily eat a plate of veggies for a meal but my family would miss the meat. So one day I came up with this slow cooker stir fry vegetable with cauliflower rice dish because I was home alone. I made a big batch so I could freeze the leftovers for a quick low carb lunch. It was really tasty and filling and had only 92 calories and 7.7g net carbs!
Low Carb Vegetables to use
For this recipe I used the vegetables below with a cauliflower rice. Those veggies were purple cabbage, mushrooms, celery, broccoli, zucchini and peppers. I chose these vegetables for color, taste and because they are lower in carbs. Here is a list of carbs in vegetables in case you want to make substitutes.
- mushrooms (1.6g net carbs per cup)
- bell peppers (5.9g net carbs per cup)
- purple cabbage (4.7g net carbs per cup)
- zucchini (2.7g net carbs per cup)
- cauliflower (3.2g net carbs per cup)
- red onions (12.2g net carbs per cup)
- grape tomatoes (4.8g net carbs per cup)
- green beans (4.3g net carbs per cup)
- radishes ( 2 net carbs per cup)
- asparagus ( 2.4 net carbs per cup)
- carrots ( 7.4 net carbs per cup)
- broccoli ( 6.1 net carbs per cup)
Slow Cooker Stir Fry Vegetables Recipe
All you have to do to make this recipe is chop your veggies and mix the easy Asian sauce. Pour both (but not the cauliflower rice) into the slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours and check to see if you like the texture. I don’t like mine too soft so you will have to check for yourself. Also everyone’s slow cooker cooks differently.
Below is what mine looked like before I cooked it.
Once the veggies are cookies, add in the riced cauliflower, mix and let sit for about 5 minutes until heated through.
About the cauliflower rice
You want to add the cauliflower rice at the end so that it doesn’t get mushy and dissolve in the vegetable mixture. I used a bag of Aldi cauliflower rice that I found in the frozen section. You can take it out and let it sit on the counter until you are ready to put it in the slow cooker. It will heat up in about 5 minutes in the cooked veggies.
You can also make your own cauliflower rice buy just pulsing florets in a food processor until they become a rice like size.
Ways to play with this recipe
- You can add a protein if you want to make this a bigger meal. Just toss with cooked chicken, shrimp or beef. If you are adding uncooked meat to this dish, cook the meat and sauce for a few hours before adding the vegetables and cauliflower rice.
- Adding a tablespoon of sesame oil at the end will give it even more Asian flavor.
- Top this with toasted nuts of any kind for added crunch.
- If you don’t care about carbs this would be great with white rice or even udon noodles. Cook both separately and then mix with the finished vegetables.
Well next time you are in the mood for an Asian stir fry try these slow cooker vegetables instead. It a great way to eat a healthy dinner with few calories. Or do like I do and freeze some for a quick and healthy lunch. The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
92 cals / 0.6g fat / 13g carbs / 5.3g fiber / 6.8g protein = 7.7 g net carbs
I think you would really like my friend Mira’s taco rice post if you like this recipe. It’s a fusion of Japanese and Mexican!
Slow Cooker Stir Fry Vegetables & Cauliflower Rice
If you are looking for a healthy meatless dinner try this slow cooker stir fry vegetables with cauliflower rice. It's super easy, tasty and only has 92 calories and 7.7g net carbs per serving.
- 5 cups chopped vegetables (I used 1 cup each purple cabbage, broccoli, peppers, zucchini & mushrooms)
- 1 piece celery chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Brown Sugar sweetener
- 3 cups riced cauliflower ( I used Aldi frozen)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
Place all of the vegetables except the cauliflower rice in the slow cooker and mix.
Whisk the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and Swerve brown sweetener.
Pour sauce over vegetables and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until desired level of doneness. I like mine to have a little bite to it so check them and cook longer if you like them softer.
At the very end add the cauliflower rice and let cook for another 10 minutes until the cauliflower has heated up.
Mix in the sesame oil and serve.