This sheet pan ravioli lasagna recipe is the easiest way to make this dish. Using cheese ravioli and a simple meat sauce you can make a delicious pan much quicker than a classic lasagna recipe. And you only need to use 7 ingredients! Now you can have cheesy lasagna for dinner any night of the week.
You might also like pasta e fagioli recipe!
Recently I saw the Giada De Laurentiis viral video for crispy sheet pan lasagna and had to try it. I made a pan of it with a box of noodles and loved it but I like the crispy edges and my family did not.
So today I made this easy sheet pan ravioli lasagna recipe for dinner and it was a hit. It was much easier and you only need 7 ingredients! Most importantly my family liked it better so they win out this time.
The cheese ravioli eliminate the need for ricotta cheese and regular lasagna noodles, so all you need is an easy meat sauce and melty mozzarella cheese are you are set. Lucky for you I have a great meat sauce hack for this recipe. Now you can make this hearty meal any day of the week.
Recipe ingredients I used.
All you need are a few simple ingredients to make this cheesy lasagna – fresh ricotta cheese raviolis, jar of marinara sauce, Italian sausage, ground beef, provolone cheese, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
For the pasta sauce I used Rao marinara sauce. I buy the jars at Costco and just love the taste and it has a garlic and fresh tomato taste. You can of course use your favorite brand of jarred marinara sauce in this recipe. The Italian sausage and ground beef just add even more flavor.
It’s important to use the cheese ravioli and not meat filled. You need that ricotta cheese since that is a part of the classic flavors of traditional lasagna. I think you can only find that in fresh ravioli but I have not tried this recipe with dried or frozen cheese ravioli but if you do let me know.
I bought these at Aldi.
How to make this sheet pan ravioli lasagna recipe.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375°F. Get out your rimmed baking sheet pan. Spray it well with nonstick cooking spray. Or grease with olive oil. Set aside.
Step 2: Get a large pot filled with water heated up on the stove for the pasta. When ready, make the ravioli according to the package instructions. You can take them out a minute or two early as they are going to continue to cook in the oven. Let them cool completely so you can handle them.
Step 3: In the meantime make the meat sauce by browning the sausage and ground been in a large pan or deep skillet. Make sure to take off the casings and use a wooden spoon to breakup both the ground beef and sausage.
Once the meat has browned add the pasta sauce and parmesan cheese and let it simmer for about 5 minutes so the flavors meld.
Step 4: To assemble the lasagna, add a little layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan. Then place the ravioli in a single layer. As you can see below I used roughly 24 ravioli to fill the pan. Since I had a few extra I just added them so as not to waste them.
Step 5: Top with the rest of the meat sauce then add both the provolone and mozzarella cheese. I liked the combination of both flavors of cheese but you can use all mozzarella cheese if you like.
Step 6: Place the lasagna in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. If after 20 minutes it’s not browned to you liking you can set under the broiler to brown it so me more. Note cooking time may vary.
Step 7: Let the lasagna cool for about 15 minutes and then cut and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container. You can also freeze pieces of leftover lasagna for a quick lunch. Please scroll down to view the printable recipe card.
Below you can see what a pan of this delicious dish looks like. It’s thinner than regular lasagna but it’s so easy and so good that I highly recommend you trying it. You can a little hot pepper flakes or even extra grated cheese if you want.
Serve this delicious meal with a nice green salad and some garlic bread and you are set!
How to make sheet pan lasagna with noodles instead of raviolis.
If you want to try to make regular sheet pan lasagna you can see below you can see a piece of that on the right makes a mush crispier lasagna using the regular lasagna noodles than the ravioli version on the left. Here’s how you make that kind.
- Break regular lasagna noodles in approximately 1 ½″ square pieces. Then cook them as you would regular noodles. Drain and set aside for assembly.
- While that is cooking make the sauce by browning the Italian sausage and ground beef in a large pan. Then add the jar sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Make sure you coat it well.
- Assemble the lasgana by adding bit of the sauce to the baking tray. Then layer the raviolis in a single layer. If you have a few extra raviolis, just add them here and there. Top with the remaining meat sauce and then the cheese. I use both provolone and mozzarella cheese.
- Mix 1 cup of ricotta cheese and ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Note you can add some fresh parsley or even fresh spinach if you want. Then add large dollops of the ricotta mixture evenly over the noodles. Top with shredded mozzarella and/or provolone cheese.
- Place in a 375° preheated oven and bake 30 minutes or until the top is browned well and it’s crisped up on the sides. Let cool before serving.
Below you can see what it looks like. It’s a little more work but it makes a crispy pan of lasagna.
Well that is my sheet pan ravioli lasagna recipe and I hope you like it much as my family does. This recipe makes it easier for me to make this family favorite because it takes much less time. This hearty meal is great for when you have company too.
That being said if you want the real deal, you have to try my mom’s homemade lasagna recipe. It takes a lot of time but it makes a couple pans and you can easily freeze it. And a pan lasts a long time because it’s so dense but super delicious. Or try one of these other tasty pasta dishes.
Sheet Pan Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
These easy and delicious sheet pan ravioli lasagna recipe only needs 7 ingredients so you can make it even on busy weeknight dinners.
- 3 - 9 ounces packages cheese raviolis (fresh)*
- 40 ounces Rao's Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 links Italian sausage
- ½ pound ground beef
- 8 ounces provolone cheese slices
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by spraying with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Get out a large pot of water and start to boil. Prepare the ravioli accordding to package instructions. Take them out just a minute or two before they are done and drain the water.
- To make the sauce, get out a large pan or deep skillet and heat to medium heat. Take the sausage out of it's casings and brown along with the ground meat. Then add the jarred pasta sauce and parmesan cheese. Mix well and let cook for a few minutes to combine with the meat.
- Assemble the lasgana by adding bit of the sauce to the baking tray. Then layer the raviolis in a single layer. If you have a few extra raviolis, just add them here and there. Top with the remaining sauce and then add the provolone and mozzarella cheese.
- Place into the preheat oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is brown and bubbly. If you want it browner you can always place it under the broiler to brown the cheese for a few minutes. Note bake time may vary.
- Let rest for a few minutes before serving. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Serve with a nice green salad and some garlic bread and you are set! Leftover lasagna also freezes well.
You can just use all provolone or all mozzarella cheese. I like the combination but you can do what you want.
* It took me 3 (9oz) packages of fresh raviolis to fill the baking sheet. You will need to get enough raviolis to fill the pan so buy them accordingly. I bought mine at Aldi.
You should use fresh ravioli because they are filled with ricotta cheese which is used in traditional lasagna. Some frozen raviolis might also have it but I'm not sure.
I like Rao's marinara sauce but you can use your favorite brand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 586Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1642mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 36g
Leave a Reply