I roast veggies all the time. It’s a good way to use what you have left over from the week and it’s delicious and easy. While it’s a warming dish in winter, I alsoroast veggies from the garden In the summer.
So our tip for today is how to roast veggies and more importantly what other things you can do with them. My recipe is below and here is a list of things you can make with them:
* Eat as a side dish to any kind of meat, fish or poultry.
* Mix in soups to give more body and flavor
* Add to omelets, quiches, and other egg dishes (see photo for mini egg bites)
* Add to cooked rice or grains for a pilaf effect.
*Add to pastas with flavored sausage for hearty meal.
* Mix with lettuce for a cold salad.
* Mix with seasoned ground beef for a fry up. (Add Mexican, Morrocan, Indian or Italian seasonings to change the flavor)
Another tip: Freeze them. Put them in containers or ziplock bags and put them in the freezer. then when you need them, just defrost and use in one of the ways above.