If you are looking for healthy pear recipes, try making pear chips in the oven. They are easy, crunchy, sweet and make the perfect healthy snack.
You might also like these low carb nacho zucchini chips!
[Updated 10/20] This pear chips recipe is one the first recipes I’ve posted and I decided to remake them. Oh my they are so good and my whole family really liked them. They are also very easy and healthy. So today I will show you how to make pear chips in the oven and you can see how easy and yummy they are!
Health Benefits Of Pears
A medium pear has roughly 101 calories, 1 g of protein, 27g of carbs and 6g of fiber.
That makes them a very good source of fiber to fill you up and help with digestion. The skin of a pear is where a lot of the fiber is so try not to peel them.
They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin C and folate. (source)
What Kind Of Pears To Use
There are over 3,000 varieties of pears but I used Bartlett pears which are probably the most common type. You however, can use any kind you want. Some of the pears I used were green and some were starting to get ripe and both worked well. Just don’t use a very rip pear that is starting to get mushy.
The Secret To Making
Pear Chips In The Oven
The secret to making these fruit chips is to make very thin and uniform slices. I used a mandoline to do this and if you have on I highly suggest you use it. Below you can see how thin I made my chips.
Let’s Make Some
Pear Chips In The Oven!
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Slice your pear into uniform, very thin slices and lay out on the parchment paper. Do not overlay if you can.
- Bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours until brown and crispy.
- Best if eaten right away as they loose their crispness over time.
NOTE: The timing may be different depending on the thickness of your slices. The first time I made these I sliced them thicker and it took 2 hours. Just check them every once in awhile to make sure they don’t burn.
One pear made about 30 pear chips because I cut them so thin. Obviously if you slice them thicker you will get less.
My family really liked these oven baked pear chips and they were so easy I’ve made them a few times this week. I hope you give them a try and enjoy them as much as we did.
- 1 pear, very thinly sliced (or as many as you like)
- Preheat your ove to 225 degrees F.
- Thinly slice your pear using a mandolin if possible. Uniform and very thin slices are key.
- Place slices on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1-1 ½ hours, checking occasionally to make sure they are done.
- Eat immediately or store in a sealed container. They may loose their crispness the more they sit out. They still taste good though. 😉
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 pear
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Unsaturated Fat: 0g