This creamy paprika chicken & peppers dish is an easy skillet dinner that the whole family will love. Ready in about 30 minutes and perfect over noodles.
When I heard it was going to be Easy Skillet Recipes on Sunday Supper this week I knew what I wanted to try. My father in law mentioned once how he liked chicken paprikash and I’ve been wanting to make it ever since. The thing is, I’ve never had it before. When searching for recipes I found out that people are very passionate about their chicken paprikash and what makes it authentic and so forth. Well I gave up on making an authentic dish and decided to create something similar which is this creamy paprika chicken & peppers skillet dinner. I loved it but note that it is not chicken paprikash. (BTW if you have an authentic chicken paprikash recipe, shoot it my way in the comments. I’d appreciate it!)
I’m a big fan of skillet dinners. I’ve made Middle Eastern chicken & rice, kielbasa & potatoes, chicken & Spanish rice and Asian chicken & vegetables. I pretty much hit 4 nationalities with my skillet dinners!
This dish is really more of a creamy paprika and tomato sauce over peppers and onions and chicken thighs. It goes great over noodles and my son Max really liked it. I love creamy sauces but my hubby does not. Is that a male thing? He loves peppers and onions so I felt like that would make him happy. Of course my father in law never got to try it because he already ate dinner by the time I finished. I could write a book about living with my father in law. 😉
Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers
So to make this yummy dish, you start with browning your chicken thighs. This only takes a few minutes, and then you set them aside. I used boneless, skinless chicken to speed things up a bit. Next you saute your onions until translucent and then add your peppers, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, garlic and paprika and mix well. Let that come together for a minute or two and then add back your chicken, cover and cook a bit more. When the chicken is done and the peppers are soft, take out the thighs again, mix in your sour cream. (I love sour cream.) Add back your thighs and you are done. Serve over egg noodles and your meal is complete.
This is my easy skillet dinner that you can make any week day. I really loved this sauce and I want to experiment with different paprikas next time. Thank you Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake for hosting this week. Scroll down and check out the other awesome skillet meals below from my friends at Sunday Supper. Enjoy!
Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers #SundaySupper
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 6 chicken thighs boneless skinless
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups of sweet bell peppers sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of paprika
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of sour cream
Add oil to a skillet and heat to medium high.
Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
Brown both sides of your chicken (about 5 minutes).
Take out your chicken and set aside.
Add the butter to your skillet and onions.
Saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add peppers, garlic, broth and tomatoes, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add chicken back to the pan, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked and peppers are soft.
Take out your chicken again and mix in the sour cream. Add your chicken back to the pan and serve.
Spoon of egg noodles.
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.