If you are looking for a decadent and delicious low carb side dish for the holidays, try these creamy keto baked mushrooms. They are are so flavorful with a creamy cheese sauce and they are very easy to make. Each serving has only 4.4g net carbs.
You might also like these low carb meatloaf stuffed portobello mushrooms!
I first tasted this dish quite a few Thanksgivings ago at my sister-in-law’s. It was so tasty that I’ve been meaning to recreate a low carb version for years and today I finally did! This creamy keto baked mushrooms recipe was so good my son and I ate it for dinner!
The sauce is rich and flavorful and it’s really quite easy to make. I can’t wait to make it for my hubby to see what he thinks. This would be a great low carb side dish for the holidays.
Creamy Keto Baked Mushrooms Recipe
Let’s get right to making these delicious mushrooms. The first thing you want to do is saute the mushrooms in a little butter to get them to brown a bit. I used baby portobellos because they seem meatier than white button mushrooms. However you can use either.
Next you take them out and make the sauce. Melt cream cheese and whisk it with the cream and beef broth (I use Better than Bouillon for maximum flavor). Mix the mushrooms back in and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese. Lastly cut the remaining butter into tiny pieces and scatter over the parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 30 minutes until the cheese and mushrooms gets nice and brown. Doesn’t that look yummy!
Recipe notes and tips
- This keto side dish is very rich and while it made 4 servings you could probably add some more mushrooms to stretch the recipe and get more servings.
- If you use an oven safe skillet like I did you can take it from the stove to the oven easily. If not just pour the mushrooms and sauce into a baking dish and then add the toppings and bake.
- I used portobellos because they are meatier but white button mushrooms will be fine.
- If you want to make this into a meal, you can add baby spinach and cooked chicken to make a casserole.
As I said my son loved this and that is quite a surprise to me because he’s very picky. It’s really tasty and I hope you give it a try. The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
244 cals / 20.2g fat / 6.4g carbs / 2g fiber / 11.1g protein = 4.4g net carbs
Easy Creamy Keto Baked Mushrooms
If you are looking for a decadent and delicious low carb side dish for the holidays, try these creamy keto baked mushrooms. They are are so flavorful with a creamy cheese sauce and very easy to make. Each serving has only 4.4g net carbs.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs whole mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon beef base
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large saute pan (preferably one that is oven proof) melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
In the meantime mix the Better than Bouillon with 1/2 cup of hot water.
Take out the mushrooms and set aside. In the pan, add the broth, cream cheese and cream. Whisk to make a sauce. Then add back the mushrooms and mix well.
Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the mushrooms. Finely dice the remainly 2 tablespoons of butter and scatter evenly over the parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned.