This low carb Creamy Basil Tuna & Cauliflower Risotto is a delicious meal you can make in just 10 minutes! It’s a healthy dish that has only 3.5g net carbs. Thank you StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. for sponsoring this post. As a low carb dieter, I love tuna packed in olive oil and highly recommend it to you.
One of the best things about being on a low carb diet is that you get to cook with such wonderful ingredients like cream, butter and cheese. Today I used all of those delicious ingredients to make this creamy basil tuna & cauliflower risotto. From start to finish this rich and delicious meal only took 10 minutes. Yes that’s right, 10 minutes and it’s only 3.5g net carbs! This is something I can easily whip up for a low carb lunch or serve my family for a quick and easy meatless dinner.
Tuna packed in oil
StarKist was kind enough to send me a few of their StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. – StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Yellowfin Tuna, StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Wild-Caught Pink Salmon and StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Yellowfin Tuna with Sun-dried Tomato. First of all I love the bright and clean packaging that’s super easy to read (I’m a sucker for packaging). But what I really liked is that they are all wild-caught fish packed in cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil (which is such a healthy fat) and sea salt. That’s it. I can’t tell you how much better tuna tastes packed in oil instead of water. I’ve been buying tuna this way for quite awhile now because I love to eat it over a big salad with nuts and cheese like below. The olive oil just adds more flavor and makes the tuna so tender.
Tuna packed in oil is a wonderful low carb pantry staple because:
- It’s high in protein.
- It has 0 carbs.
- It’s very versatile and can be used in salads, casseroles, tacos, etc.
- It’s a healthy protein and is packed in a healthy fat.
- It’s a great substitute for meat.
Now let me tell you about this super easy but VERY tasty dish.
Creamy Basil Tuna & Cauliflower
- Heat up a sauté pan and then add the butter and garlic.
- Add cream, then cauliflower and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off the stove and mix in fresh basil and tuna.
- Serve immediately.
A couple things I’d like to mention about this recipe.
- Add as much tuna as you’d like because it will not add any more carbs to the dish.
- You can substitute with the StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Wild-Caught Salmon, as that would also taste delicious with the sauce.
- Use a zester to grate the Parmesan cheese because it makes it light, airy and much easier to melt.
- Please use fresh basil in this dish, not dried.
I hope you liked this delicious and easy recipe! Don’t let the simplicity fool you because it is very flavorful! The nutritional information for 1 serving is:
267 cals / 23.1g fat / 5.0g carbs / 1.5g fiber / 10.7g protein
Creamy Basil Tuna & Cauliflower Risotto (low carb)
This low carb Creamy Basil Tuna & Cauliflower Risotto is a delicious meal you can make in just 10 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2.6 oz StarKist Selects E.V.O.O. Yellowfin Tuna
Heat up a sauté pan and then add butter and garlic.
Pour in cream, mix and then add in the cauliflower.
Next add in the Parmesan cheese, mix once more and then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Take off the stove and stir in basil and tuna.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.