These easy sheet pan Italian style nachos are a fun twist on the usual. Packed with all the ingredients of a good sausage pizza or pasta but in sheet pan form so all can share.
I always see those beautiful pictures of sheet pan nachos on Pinterest and want to try them. I also love a good pizza (or pasta) with all my favorite fixings like sausage, mushrooms, peppers and onions. So when you marry these two ideas you get these easy sheet pan Italian style nachos. All the goodness of a loaded pizza in a nacho form. This was lots of fun to eat one night. We just laid the sheet pan on the table and picked at it as we talked about our day.
Peppers and sausage are a favorite in our house. I’ve made sausage and peppers sandwiches , flatbreads, pasta and even soup! So it stands to reason that it was only a matter of time that I would make them into nachos!
To make these nachos, I first sauteed Italian sausage, mushrooms, garlic, onions and peppers. Once they were browned I scattered them on a bed of tortilla chips. Next I added some shredded Italian cheeses and chopped up pepperoni slices on top and baked for 10 minutes. When they come out of the oven, sprinkle some fresh chopped tomatoes. I used Roma tomatoes because they are not as watery. We also like hot pepper flakes but you can put on your nachos whatever you like on your pizza or pasta dishes.
As I mentioned above, me and my husband had fun eating this for dinner. It’s not something I normally serve but it was fun to pick at and talk about our days. This would also be nice to have at a party, especially if you were watching the game on tv. I’ll have to remember this one for next fall when Steeler season starts – a big deal in our house. 😉
Easy Sheet Pan Italian Style Nachos
I hope you like this easy but fun dinner or snack. One of the best things about these nachos is that you can customize with just about anything. If you like bacon and banana peppers on your pizza, you can use it on these nachos. Even Hawaiian pizza toppings would work. We are going to stick with this combination because it’s our favorite. What would you put on your nachos?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups sweet bell peppers sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- ½ bag of tortilla chips (you can use more if you like)
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, add the olive oil, onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Once the onions become translucent, add the Italian sausage and garlic.
- Break up the sausage as you are browning it.
- Once the sausage is browned take off the stove.
- Scatter your chips all over a cookie sheet. I used a whole bag the first time and it was a bit too many chips for me. So I recommend ½ to ¾ of a bag. That is up to you.
- Scatter the sausage mix evenly over the chips and then top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the fresh tomatoes and hot pepper flakes if using.
- Serve immediately.
More fun to eat foods!