These easy shrimp nachos are a nice change from your typical beef or chicken nachos. Easy and delicious and you can make them in 20 minutes!Sorry, another college Chi Chi’s recipe. Back in the day, we occasionally went to Chi Chi’s. On these outings my friends and I would get either the beef nachos grande or sometimes their seafood nachos. I don’t know why we liked them so much. Perhaps it was being up until 3am at parties the night before or maybe their food was just better than cafeteria food. Regardless my friends and I used to love them and I was craving them today. I couldn’t bring myself to use fake crab legs so I bought some shrimp and went forth and made these easy shrimp nachos. They were the perfect thing for our Friday night fish nights.
From what I gather on the interwebz, Chi Chi’s seafood nachos were essentially sour cream, mayo and fake crab a top some nacho chips and some Mexican cheese on top. I didn’t stray too far from that but I used frozen, cooked shrimp, some green onion and fresh jalapeños on top. Also I used a corn tortilla for the base instead of tortilla chips.
So to make these tasty, easy shrimp nachos you start with the corn tortilla. Place them in the oven for 5 minutes to get them a little crispy. Let them cool and in the meantime, mix up your seafood mixture. I used cooked shrimp that I cut in pieces. In retrospect I should have cut them into smaller pieces so they would be easier to eat. Mix the shrimp with some sour cream, mayo and green onions and spread that on the cooled tortillas. Lastly sprinkle some shredded Mexican cheeses and a little paprika on top for color. Oh and don’t forget the fresh jalapeños. I love those things. Originally Chi Chi’s would place a sliced black olive on theirs which is also good. Bake, cut and eat.
I also wanted to try these the way I make my other nachos, with lettuce, avocados, tomatoes and black olives. They were very good this way too. Just add the toppings after they come out of the oven. I’m sure you knew that but just in case. 😉
And that my friends is all there is to these easy shrimp nachos. I ate these for dinner but they would make a great snack, appetizer or even a quick lunch. I hope you enjoy this recipe and I promise you this is my last Chi Chi recipe. Those were seriously the only 2 things I ever bought there. Enjoy!
Easy Shrimp Nachos
- 3 corn tortillas
- 12 large cooked shrimp
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1 jalapeno sliced (can substitute sliced black olives)
- paprika to season
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray both sides of your tortilla and bake on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, flip and let cool a bit.
- In the meantime, chop your shrimp into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add your shrimp, mayo, sour cream and green onions. Mix well.
- Spread shrimp mixture evenly on the 3 cooled tortillas.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the tortillas.
- sprinkle a bit of paprika for color.
- Add pieces of jalapeños (or sliced black olives if you prefer) on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cut with a pizza cutter and enjoy!