This patriotic low carb vanilla mousse is a breeze in the Instant Pot. Decorated with strawberries and blueberries, these cute little jars only have 2.5g net carbs!
Lately I’ve been obsessed or perhaps possessed with making mousse in my Instant Pot. Since the 4th is just around the corner and Sunday Supper is having a red, white and blue theme this week, I came up with this patriotic low carb vanilla mousse using my Instant Pot. What make’s it patriotic? To be honest, not much more than the red strawberries, blue blueberries and the white mousse. However it’s a good excuse to make this smooth and creamy, delicious dessert. And best of all for me it only has 2.5g net carbs!
Let me first say that these 4oz jars are not very big. However they are just perfect for this rich dessert. One of the reasons I make this recipe so much is because it’s a breeze in the Instant Pot. I like my Instant Pot so much I’m taking it to the beach with me. My whole family rents a big house and we take turns cooking for one another. I think cooking in the Instant Pot will give me more time in the sun with my family. Anyway back to the mousse, recently I made a chocolate mousse in the Instant Pot that was excellent and that was what got me started on this mousse/Instant Pot kick.
To make these you start by heating water and Swerve sweetener in a small saucepan until it dissolves. Then take it off the stove and mix in your cream, almond milk and vanilla. In a bowl, whisk your eggs yolks and then add just a tablespoon of the cream mixture. Whisk until combined and then very slowly pour in the rest of the cream mixture while whisking. You want to make sure you don’t cook the eggs, but since you never bring the sugar and water to boiling, it should not be too hot to begin with. Once the mixture is well combined, pour into your jars. First add water to your Instant Pot along with the trivet. Place the jars on the trivet and cook on manual for 6 minutes.
When done cooking, quickly release the pressure and let cool a bit. Place in your refrigerator for a few hours to let it set. I thought I screwed up this batch because it was a bit watery. However after refrigerating for a few hours it set to the perfect creamy, smooth consistency.
Low Carb Vanilla Mousse
By the way you don’t have to make these low carb or in a Instant Pot. Just substitute sugar for the Swerve sweetener and bake in your oven with a water bath for 30 minutes. I hope you like my patriotic-ish dish and for more great 4th of July recipes, scroll down to see all the tasty recipes my friends at Sunday Supper have for you. The nutritional information for 1 serving:
147 cals / 12.1g fat / 17.7g carbs/ 15.2g fiber / 1.2g protein = 2.5g net carbs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup Swerve
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 strawberries
- 4 blueberries
- Place trivet in Instant Pot and then pour 1½ cup of water over it.
- In a small pan on the stove, add the Swerve and water and whisk until dissolved.
- Take off the stove and whisk in the cream, almond milk and vanilla.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Add a tablespoon of the cream mixture and whisk into the eggs.
- Very slowly add in all of the cream mixture while whisking.
- Pour into small ramekins or jars and place on trivet in your Instant Pot.
- Place on lid and turn pressure release valve to the back and press manual for 6 minutes.
- When finished, quick release the pressure and carefully take out the jars. They will be very hot.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then refrigerate for a few hours.
- Take out of refrigerator and decorate with sliced strawberries and blueberries and refrigerate until ready to eat.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More low carb summer desserts to try!
Red, White, and Blue Sunday Supper Recipes
Patriotic Picnic Picks
- American Flag Layered Dip by Soulfully Made
- Baked Blueberry Pancake with Cherry Syrup by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Boozy Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait with Summer Fruit by Confessions of an Over-worked Mom
- Patriotic Slaw by Our Good Life
- Red White and Blueberry Dinner Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Red, White and Blue Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bleu Cheese Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- American Flag Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Cream Puffs by Gourmet Everyday
- Patriotic Low Carb Vanilla Mousse in the Instant Pot by My Life Cookbook
- Red White & Blue Bundt Cake by Restless Chipotle
- Red White and Blue Banana Ice Cream by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Red, White & Blue No Bake Cheesecake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Red, White and Blue Broken Glass Jell-o by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Rollitos de Vino Blanco by What Smells So Good?
- Rose Petal Jam Filled Blueberry Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Star Spangled Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Panna Cotta by Tara’s Multicultural Table
More recipes: 20+ Red White and Blue Recipes That will Make You Want to Party Right Now Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.