This alambre skillet cheese dip is has got it all: steak, peppers, onions, cheese and yes even bacon! A fun appetizer to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
So we are celebrating easy Cinco de Mayo recipes today on Sunday Supper! What fun, huh. I came to the party a little late so I wasn’t sure what to make. And then I remembered a dish I order often at our local Mexican restaurant, alambre. It’s a mixture of grilled bacon, onions, peppers and steak and then topped with melted cheese. It is oh so delicious, so I wanted to make that dish, but make it more of a dip. Today I bring you my alambre skillet cheese dip. It is sinful but it really tasty!
I love anything you can make in a cast iron skillet. Usually I make regular dinners like my Asian chicken dinner, but I’ve never made an appetizer nor a dessert. I’m working up my nerve to try a skillet dessert. I even bought these cute little 3.5″ cast iron skillets at Target for the distinct purpose of making a dessert. One day….
This is not a difficult dish and you only use the skillet to make it. You start by browning the bacon and then taking it out. Using some of the bacon grease you saute the onions, peppers and steak until the steak is browned. Then you add in some cream cheese and Mexican cheese along with the cooked bacon and mix until the cheese is melted. Lastly you pop it in the oven for 10-15 minutes and you are done.
Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip
You can top this with some chopped tomatoes, avocados or cilantro if you wish. Even a squeeze of lime on top would be nice. I was too impatient and dug right in. I hope you enjoy this appetizer for Cinco de Mayo. Thank you Shelby from Grumpy’s Honeybunch for hosting this week and please scroll down to see some more great recipes!
- ¾ lb steak
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I used green, red, yellow and orange)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1½ shredded cheese (Mexican cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large cast iron or oven proof skillet, brown your bacon and then take it out and set aside.
- Pour out excess grease but leave a bit to saute the onions for a couple minutes.
- Then add in your peppers and steak and saute until the steak is browned.
- Add in the cream cheese, bacon and 1 cup of the Mexican cheese and mix well until melted.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 10-15 minutes or lightly browned on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Add chopped avocados, tomatoes, cilantro or even a squeeze of lime if you wish.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More delicious Mexican appetizers!
Sunday Supper Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Beef and Portobella Tostados by Our Good Life
- Cumin Spiced Potato Quesadillas by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Easy 5 Minute Restaurant Style Salsa by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fiesta Corn Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rotisserie Chicken Nachos by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Paloma by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spicy Micheladas by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Pineapple Agua Fresca by Authentically Candace
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Alambre Skillet Cheese Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Black Bean Cilantro Rice by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mango Habanero Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Queso Fundido (Melted Cheese with Chorizo) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Slow Cooker Healthy Refried Beans by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Sunday Supper Movement
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
- Chicken Street Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Fajitas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lime Chicken Soft Tacos by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Taco Bowl Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pineapple Lime Chicken Tacos by Brunch-n-Bites
- Taco Bake by My World Simplified
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.