This Paleo beef & broccoli stir fry is easy, tasty and healthy. A delicious weeknight meal the whole family will love. Try it tonight!
Last week I told you about my affinity for buying healthy food products. I had bought 2 bottles of coconut aminos and wanted to put them to use. Lately I’ve been making Mongolian beef and General Tso chicken for my family and thought I would tinker with those dishes to make a similar Paleo dish using of course my aminos. And that is how I came up with this Paleo beef & broccoli stir fry. It is very easy to make and sure to be a staple in our house.
I bought many of the products on Thrive Market’s website. They have a plethora of Paleo and gluten free products at much lower prices. So today I used coconut sugar (instead of white sugar), coconut aminos (instead of soy sauce), coconut oil (instead of olive oil) and tapioca flour (instead of corn starch). These were all very easy and tasty substitutions to make and since I have a lot of these products on hand, I’m sure to use them more and more.
To start you must cut your beef into small pieces. I bought this meat from Aldi precut but I think next time I would like to cut it myself. I like bigger pieces but this was fine. Then you toss your beef with tapioca flour and set aside. You want to make sure it’s well coated first. Then you make your sauce in a skillet and then pour that in a separate bowl and set aside.
Now you want to essentially fry the meat. You need to use quite a bit of coconut oil (which is stable at high heat) and fry the meat until it’s crispy. The tapioca flour (made from a root) helps it get that crispy texture and thickens the sauce. Take the meat out and drain on some paper towels. Then you put everything together (the meat, sauce and broccoli) and cook for a few more minutes.
Paleo Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
The main difference that I noticed in this recipe is the use of the coconut aminos instead of the soy. The aminos already had a bit of sweetness so much less sugar was needed to make this dish. If you are following a Paleo diet, I hope you like this simple but tasty dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 lb beef, cut into small pieces or strips (flank steak works well)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 cup of coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar*
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl add your beef pieces and tapioca flour. Mix to make sure all the pieces are well coated and set aside.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and heat to medium. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a minute or two.
- Next add the coconut aminos, broth and coconut sugar. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place your broccoli florets in a microwavable dish and cook for 4minutes.
- When the sauce is done, pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the skillet and heat on high.
- Add the meat and quickly get it brown and a bit crispy. Take out and place on a piece of paper towel to drain. You may have to do this in batches.
- When done with the meat, pour out the excess oil and throw away.
- Add the meat and broccoli back to the skillet and pour the sauce over top.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- *Note: I have since changed the amount of coconut sugar in this dish. Start with 2 tablespoons and add more after you taste it. We liked it with just 2 tablespoons.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More delicious Asian flavored recipes!