This immunity boosting vegetable soup only takes minutes to make and is perfect for cold and allergy season. It’s full of health boosting ingredients!
This is a quick one for you all today. Either my allergies are acting up or I have a bad cold. I haven’t had one in a long time so I forgot how much I hate constantly blowing my nose. It’s times like these that I crave a nice bowl of soup and today I decided to pump it up with ingredients that would give my body a boost. So I gathered a few herbs and spices, vegetables and bone broth to make this immunity boosting vegetable soup. It tastes great and hopefully it will help my body get rid of these sniffles.
I made a similar recipe way, way back. It was one of my first posts actually. This is a quicker version and I use a Vitamix blender (affiliate link). Do you have one of these? They are very expensive but I use it at least once a day. I’ve had it for a few years and recently my husband finally concurred that it is worth the money. Yay me!
Bone Broth Tip: Take a look at my bone broth cubes. I made a huge batch of bone broth in my slow cooker, strained and then reduced it on the stove until it was about 1/4 of it’s original volume. Then I poured it into ice cube trays and froze for quick use. The cubes take less room than containers in your freezer. Anyway back to the healthy ingredients:
- Bone Broth – boosts immunity, heals the gut, aids metabolism (article by Dr. Axe)
- Coconut Oil – protects against infections and may protect against heart disease
- Veggies – chock full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory and provides gastrointestinal relief (gas, nausea, etc)
- Garlic – great source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties
- Tumeric – anti-inflammatory and improves brain health
Immunity Boosting Vegetable Soup
To make this healthy soup, gather your veggies and add to a pot. Cover with bone broth (can use chicken broth if you don’t have bone broth) along with everything else EXCEPT the coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of raw crushed garlic. You will add that at the end. Cook until the vegetables are soft. Transfer everything to a high speed blender with the coconut oil and raw garlic. Blend in batches and eat! Be careful with blending hot liquids. Do it in batches to prevent getting burned.
That’s all there is to it folks. Next time you feel a cold coming on or just a little run down, give this nourishing soup a try. It doesn’t take long and it is delicious!
- 5 cups of cut vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet peppers)
- ½ onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bone broth (can use chicken broth or stock)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw crushed garlic
- Add all ingredients except the coconut oil and crushed garlic to a big pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Take off the stove and let cool for a minute or two and then add to a high speed blender. You may have to do this in batches and be careful with the hot liquid.
- Add 1 teaspoon of crushed raw garlic and coconut oil and blend with the last batch.
- Pour all batches in to a large bowl and mix well.