This is going to be a quick one today. I’ve been eating these fried potato peels for 3 days in a row and I’ve got to stop. They are really good. They taste somewhere between a potato chip and a french fry and they are addicting!
Let me preface this by saying I love potato skins. When I make baked potatoes I always eat the skin. It’s my favorite part. So when I saw this crazy idea on one of my favorite cooking blogs, thekitchn.com, I knew I had to try it the next time I made mashed potatoes. The whole idea behind this is that you save the peels and roast them. I’m sure this can be done with other root vegetables but I’ve only tried potatoes so far. Yesterday I actually just peeled a whole potato for my didnner…this makes a huge amount of peels but they were delicious! The plate below is about 3 large russets peeled. Just the peels. Note that the plate is a salad plate.
This is a super easy one.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel your potatoes and toss them with a little olive oil.
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet that is covered with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until they are browned.
Eat and enjoy!
I told you it was going to be a quick one.