This cranberry brussels salad is dressed with a bright tangerine dressing to make a delicious side dish for fall.
It’s officially fall and I’m ready for fall salads. You know the ones with nuts, dried fruit and some sort of crumbled cheese? I love those. I had a bag of brussel sprouts in the fridge and thought I’d use them to make this cranberry brussels salad. If you are a fan of fall salads you will love this. The tangerine dressing is bright and light. The feta cheese is salty, the cranberries are sweet and the toasted pecans add the perfect crunchy topping.
We have some brussels sprouts growing in the garden and they are really cool looking. We’ve never grown them before so I can’t wait to see what they taste like.
Cranberry Brussels Salad With Tangerine Dressing
Thoughts & Notes
- I used tangerines because that’s all I had. You can use oranges if you have those instead.
- Sometimes you can find brussel sprouts that are already shredded. I think Trader Joes has them.
- This tastes better if you dress the salad the night before and then add the cranberries, nuts and cheese. It wilts the brussels more.
- This is a great salad to take or serve at a party as it’s very tasty and festive looking.
I hope you like this easy, fall salad. If you like brussel sprouts try my bacon, brussels and cauliflower side dish or even my lemon garlic brussel chips. Also here are a few more salads for you try this fall.
Cranberry Brussels Salad with Tangerine Dressing
- 1 lb brussel sprouts shredded
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup feta crumbled
- ¼ cup pecans toasted
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tangerine juice
- ½ teaspoon tangerine zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, juice, zest, salt and pepper.
In another bowl, add your shredded Brussel sprouts and toss with dressing.
Refrigerate until ready to eat. Best if made the night before.
Before eating add in your cranberries, feta and pecans. Toss and serve.
Will hold up well in the refrigerator for a day or two.