This chicken vegetable pizza is made with a cauliflower crust so it’s gluten free as well as low carb and delicious!
Did you know it’s National Pizza Month? This is a food that I feel is worthy of having a whole month dedicated to it. And while I enjoy all types of pizza, I especially love my low carb versions such as this chicken vegetable pizza. The crust is made cauliflower and cheese and it’s topped with chicken and an assortment of vegetables as well as … more cheese!
We are celebrating Pizza at Sunday Supper this week so I knew I wanted to make some cauliflower crust pizza. I made a similar recipe awhile ago (vegetable cauliflower rounds) which used the cauliflower crust to make an appetizer. It was very tasty and I learned I can put almost anything on this cauliflower base and it would taste good.
To make the crust, cook some cauliflower rice in the microwave for about 10 minutes. When it’s cooled you add egg and mozzarella cheese and form it into a pizza shell. I cooked mine on a silicone mat but you can use parchment paper too. However make sure to spray it with cooking oil first. Bake for about 25 minutes.
While it’s cooking, you want to saute some of the vegetables like the peppers, mushrooms and some of the spinach. When they are cooked, add the rest of the spinach so it’s wilted and the cooked chicken. Spoon over your crust evenly and then add the raw onions. I like my onions cut thin and a little crunchy. You can omit them if that’s not your thing. Sprinkle some Asiago cheese and back in the oven for about 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
chicken vegetable pizza
My husband really liked this and it’s great that we can have a gluten free and low carb pizza dinner every once in awhile. I also made another pizza with chicken and a pepper spread (Instagram pic) I recently bought in a Middle Eastern store in downtown Pittsburgh. It was tasty too.
I hope you like this chicken vegetable pizza and please scroll down to check out all the wonderful Pizza themed posts from my friends at Sunday Supper. Thank you Coleen Hill of The Red Headed Baker for hosting this week! The nutritional information for 1 piece is:
244 cals / 13.9g fat/ 6.4g carbs / 2.2g fiber / 23.4g protein = 4.2g net carbs
Chicken Vegetable Pizza
- 2 cups cauliflower riced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 cup chicken
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 small bell peppers sliced
- 5 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Cook your cauliflower rice in the microwave for 10 minutes and let cool.
In a large bowl, beat your eggs and add mozzarella,1/2 teaspoon of crushed garlic and cooled cauliflower rice.
Spoon the mixture on a parchment covered cookie sheet or one with a silicone mat. Spray the parchment paper with cooking oil first if using.The mixture will be very wet but don't worry it will firm up. Just smooth it out into a nice even circle.
Cook the crust 25 minutes or when the crust is nice and lightly browned.
In the meantime, add the oil to a saute pan and cook the peppers, mushrooms, remaining garlic and half of the spinach until the vegetables are soft.
When done, add the chicken and heat through.
Lastly add the rest of the spinach and mix so it's just wilted.
Spoon mixture over pizza and place onions on top if using.
Sprinkle the Asiago cheese over everything and bake in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.