These lemon ginger Asian cucumber noodles make a refreshing salad that you can make in minutes. These cucumber noodles are perfect for picnics or even a light dinner with only 4.2g net carbs. Best of all those huge cucumbers from the garden work great in this dish!
My husband grew the best cucumbers this year. They remind me of those long English cucumbers because they do not have many seeds and are long and have a thin skin. However since neither he nor my son eat cucumbers, that leaves me with all of them. So today I made for you a lemon ginger Asian cucumber salad. I ate this for lunch but it would great for a picnic or as a summer side dish. It only took about 5 to 10 minutes to make this flavorful, refreshing dish and the noodles were fun to eat!
I have a thing for vegetable noodles. I use my spiralizer a lot to make dishes like my Thai butternut noodles or my golden beet and goat cheese noodles. They make salads too like this one or my Greek zucchini noodle salad. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a julienne peeler like this or even a regular peeler. It really does make the vegetables taste better and it’s more fun to eat.
So this is very easy because once you have your cucumber noodles, you can slice a red onion very thinly as well as your radishes and mix together. Then whisk all the dressing ingredients and dress the salad. I ate it right away but it was even better after it was refrigerated for a few hours.
Lemon Ginger Asian Cucumber Noodles
This is just a simple but tasty recipe that you can use some of those garden vegetables. I think zucchini noodles would work good here too. The nutrition for 1 serving is:
157 cals/ 14.9g fat / 5.5g carbs / 1.3g fiber / 1.1g protein = 4.2g net carbs
- 4 cups of cucumber noodles (use a spiralizer or peeler to make noodles)
- 3 radishes made into noodles or chopped thinly into sticks
- ⅓ cup red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 small cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Make your cucumbers into noodles using spiralizer or a hand peeler. You can cut the radishes into noodles too if you have a spiralizer or just slice into sticks.
- Slice the red onion very thin and mix with the other vegetables.
- In a small bowl mix the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour over the veggie noodles and mix well.
- Best if refrigerated for a few hours.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please visit our policies page.
More summer salads to try!