This low carb chocolate mousse is so easy to make in the Instant Pot you will be making it every week! Only 4.4g net carbs for this chocolatey, creamy treat!
Did you ever taste pots de creme? I have just discovered them and I am obsessed. They are rich, creamy and oh so delicious. Recently I have been making them in my Instant Pot but when I tried to stretch the recipe it a bit and make it low carb, it became more of a mousse. That is why I am calling this recipe a low carb chocolate mousse instead of a chocolate pot de creme. Regardless it’s delicious and low carb and with the Instant Pot it is very, very easy. Whether or not you are watching your carbs, you are going to love this recipe!
At first I was nervous making them in the Instant Pot. I don’t know why but I was afraid they would explode. But luckily they didn’t and I got 5 servings out of this recipe with only 4.4g net carbs each. I used Swerve sweetener for this recipe but you can try Splenda or Truvia if you want. And if you don’t care about the carbs, just use white sugar. It will be rich and decadent, I promise you. Also I used 4oz mason jars I got from Target but only had 4 so I used these ramekins too. I like the jars better because they have a lid but the ramekins look better for guests.
Let’s make some mousse. Add egg yolks to a bowl and whisk until they are well beaten. In a saucepan, add your sweetener and water and turn the burner on medium. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved and then add in your cacao powder, cream and almond milk. Whisk again until well combined and heated through. Take it off the burner and then add in vanilla and salt. Now you want to add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture to the eggs and whisk to combine. Then slowly pour the chocolate mixture in until everything is mixed well so you can pour into your jars or ramekins.
Place the trivet in the Instant Pot (the one that came with it) along with 1 1/2 cups of water. Carefully put in your ramekins and lock the lid. Turn the venting nozzle to the back to create pressure. Hit the manual button for 6 minutes. When it’s done, quick release the nozzle and take off the lid. Let the ramekins cool on the counter for a bit before putting them in the refrigerator.
Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
Let them chill for 4 hours and you will then have 5 delicious low carb chocolate mousse treats! I love these and I hope you do too. The nutritional information for one serving is:
251 cals / 23.3g fat / 32.5g carbs / 28.1g fiber / 5.6g protein = 4.4g net carbs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup Swerve
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cacao
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the yolks to a bowl and whisk until beaten.
- In a sauce pan, add the Swerve, water and cacao and whisk until sugar is melted and cacao is well combined.
- Add the cream and almond milk to the pan and whisk to well combine. Let it heat up but not boil and then turn off heat.
- Add in the salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour about a tablespoon of the warm chocolate mixture into the bowl with the eggs and whisk to combine. Then slowly pour the chocolate into the bowl while whisking until it's well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into ramekins or jars.
- Add 1½ cups of water into the Instant Pot along with a trivet and place ramekins or jars on trivet.
- Seal lid and turn pressure knob to the back to seal.
- Press manual for 6 minutes.
- When done, quick release and take out jars. They will be very hot so use something to pull them out.
- Let them cool on the counter and then refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More delicious low carb treats!