These spicy apricot chicken meatballs have the perfect balance of sweet and heat. They are easy to make and perfect for your next party. My hubby loves hot pepper jelly on his bagel for breakfast. His second favorite is apricot jam. So when this week’s Sunday Supper theme was Spice is Nice &r Some Like it Hot, I decided that I would mix his two favorite flavors (hot peppers and apricots) and use them in some way. That’s when I came up with these spicy apricot chicken meatballs. Actually I originally came up with a spicy apricot pistachio cookie but thought these would be fun to make too. They remind me a lot of those party meatballs people make with grape jelly and cocktail sauce. These are very similar to that but with a little more heat and a different kind of sweet.
I made my chicken meatballs from scratch and they were really easy but if you were in a hurry you could use frozen meatballs. I don’t think it would matter if they were chicken, beef or pork meatballs either. I personally like chicken meatballs and thought they would be the best choice of meat to go with the apricot jam and serrano peppers. So if you bought the meatballs, this would be a 3 ingredient dish! Easy peasy. But today we are making the meatballs by hand. I used ground chicken, bread crumbs and Pparmesan cheese for the meatballs and the sauce is apricot jam and serrano peppers. I browned the meatballs under the broiler in hopes I could keep their round shape but next time it would be just as easy to do it in the skillet. When they were browned, I added them to the skillet with the apricot jam sauce and cooked for 10 minutes. I plan to make these for my next big family party. One of my brothers loves those grape meatballs so I think he would really like these.
Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs
I mentioned the other day how my husband thinks I don’t cook with him in mind. Well here’s another one for you sweetheart! Chicken meatballs with your two favorite flavors of apricot and hot peppers. I’m sure this will be at our next big family party. I hope you all like it too! And please scroll down for some more great recipes from my friends at Sunday Supper.
Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs #SundaySupper
- 1 lb chicken ground
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1/2 serrano pepper minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 2 serrano peppers minced (can use more if you want it hotter)
- 2 cups of apricot jam
To make the meatballs first add your onion and serrano pepper to a food processor to mince both.
In a large bowl add the onion and serano pepper to your ground chicken. Add the bread crumbs, eggs and Parmesan cheese and mix well to combine.
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil.
Form your meat mixture into small meatballs and place on the cookie sheet. Oil your hands while rolling the meatballs to make them nice and smooth.
Set under broil and broil for 2 minutes on each side or browned to your liking.
Alternatively you can brown these in a big skillet.
In a microwave safe bowl, add your jam and heat for 1-2 minutes to make it a bit runny.
Add your minced serrano pepper and mix well.
In a large skillet add your meatballs and jam mixture. Mix well, cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
This recipe made 32 fairly large meatballs.
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (MAK KIMCHI) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Plus Homemade Ginger Ale and Spice is Nice Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.