This feta melon salad with lemon & mint is perfect for spring and summer. It’s sweet and savory and a delicious salad or side dish for your next party.
Have you seen recipes for feta and watermelon salad? I’ve always wanted to try those but I’m not much of a watermelon fan. So I bought a cantaloup, honeydew and watermelon and set off to make my a feta melon salad with lemon and mint. There is also a bit of honey drizzled on top to add a bit more sweetness to the savory dressing and feta cheese. This sweet/savory salad or side dish would be perfect for a spring or summer party. Or if you are more like my hubby and me, we ate this for lunch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.
I originally wanted to make kebabs with the ingredients as is pictured below. However the feta gave me some problems and I decided to make it into a salad. I have a thing for kebabs, they seem like the perfect way to eat at a party. Maybe you can finesse the feta cheese better than me and make them into kebabs but for me it didn’t quite work. Plan B: make it a salad.
You can see how salty, creamy feta would go good with sweet melons. Opposites attract, right? But I had to add some mint too because it reminds me of my grandma. She used to put spearmint from her garden in her salads and it was always so refreshing!
To make this dish, you first want to use a melon ball scoop to make the melon balls. You don’t have to make them into balls and can just cut them into pieces but the balls look nice in my opinion. Then you make the dressing which is simply lemon juice, lemon zest, mint and a light olive oil. After you have dressed the melon balls with the dressing, you fold in the feta cheese and drizzle a bit of honey on top. The honey is optional but it goes well with the other ingredients.
Feta Melon Salad with Lemon & Mint
That’s all there is to this simple salad. It’s colorful, light and refreshing and I think you and your family will love it. Enjoy!
- ½ cantaloupe, made into balls
- ½ small watermelon, made into balls
- ½ honeydew melon, made into balls
- 16 mint leaves, diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- 3 tablespoons oil (use a mild oil)
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- honey to drizzle over top (optional)
- Cut the melons and make melon balls using a melon ball scoop or just cut into bite size pieces.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, mint and oil together and whisk to combine.
- Dress the melon balls with the dressing and then fold in the feta cheese.
- Chill until ready to eat and drizzle a bit of honey on top if using.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT OUR POLICIES PAGE.
More refreshing salads to try!