I’ve been meaning to try this for awhile now. I knew I had some raw sunflower seeds in the cupboard and so today was the day. The first time I had sunflower seed nut butter was when I bought a jar from Trader Joe’s. I thought it was the BOMB. I loved it! But it’s one of those things I tend to over do, just like peanut butter. So I don’t buy it as often.
In this recipe I used both raw seeds that I toasted in a pan and some roasted, salted seeds I got from Nutz.com. In the future I think I would just buy the salted roasted and not add any salt. It would be easier I think. Enjoy!
- 2 cups roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- .5 dropper liquid vanilla creme stevia
- I used my Vitamix for this but I'm sure it would work in a regular blender. Add the seeds and process till it becomes like a dough.
- Add coconut oil and stevia and process for a minute or two. Voila, you are done!
- Notes: If you are using raw seeds, just roast or toast them first and cool. Then add a bit of sea salt to taste.
- Also I used the vanilla creme stevia because I didn't have the plain and it was very good.