So many Pinterest pins and so little time. It’s such an addicting sport. Looking at beautiful pictures of food, family and home projects makes you feel like you can do anything. Just pin them and come back later. Well I rarely come back later so I’m trying to do one Pinterest project a week. Most will be cooking but hopefully I’ll do more crafty or decorating type things too.
So #1 is the Roasted Cauliflower with Aged White Cheddar Soup from Closet Cooking . I picked this recipe because it looked delicious with the aged white cheddar and I had all the ingredients. However I wasn’t in the mood for cauliflower soup so that might be some indication why I didn’t love it. More below.
This is what the roasted cauliflower looked like. Could of eaten that on it’s own.
This is what it looked when done. I made one change because I used almond milk and cream instead of milk. I think this made it a bit sweeter.
I decided on my new Pinterest endeavor I would use a rating system that me and my son used during American Idol. Thumbs up they were going to Hollywood, Thumbs down they were going home, and Thumbs sideways they were ok and not sure.
For this rating system Thumbs up means I loved it and would make it again, Thumbs down means it was not worth my time or energy, Thumbs sideways means it was pretty good and can be doctored to my liking or has other merits that I would keep it in my recipe drawer.
Rating for Roasted Cauliflower with Aged White Cheddar Soup…….
It was good and perhaps if I was in the mood for it, I would have enjoyed it more but all in all it was a solid recipe that I would make again.
- 1 Head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Lg onion, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon thyme , dried
- 1½ cups aged white cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup milk, I used almond
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rough chop cauliflower and half an onion. Mix with 2 T of olive oil and put in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes
- In a soup pot, put in 2 T of olive oil. Saute rest of onion for 5 minutes til translucent and starting to brown. Add garlic and thyme and stir for a minute.
- Add chicken broth and roasted cauliflower mixture and bring to boil. Cover and lower heat to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree finished mixture to desired consistency. Add cheese and let melt by mixing well. Add milk and cream and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve.